The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been around for awhile, actually, reading some of the topics and have posted a few times. Guess it's time to stop lurking so much and say hi. :)

My symptoms started more than a decade ago when my platelets dropped really low and I ran fever every day for months at a time. But at that time, my ANA was negative, and everything else was normal except platelets. Over the years, I've developed aches and pains and didn't think much of them until they became more widespread and started interfering with daily life. I suspected fibromyalgia but never sought a diagnosis because I didn't think there was really any treatment for it anyway.

Then one day at a regular exam, I mentioned the aches and pains and extreme fatigue, and the doctor ordered tests. This time my ANA was 1:1280, and I was referred to a rheumatologist. After months of tests and evaluations and additional symptoms popping up, the rheum. doc diagnosed SLE, but only verbally...in the chart, the dx is UCTD and will hopefully stay that way unless things get worse.

I've been on Plaquenil for about 10 months and am somewhat better but still have some symptoms (I guess you always do??). So far, I've not had to take oral steroids, just injections a couple of times, which made me feel almost like a new person for 2-3 weeks.

Guess that's it in a nutshell. Hope this intro is not too much to read! I have questions about symptoms but will save them for another post.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Doodlebee,

Welcome to the forum:blush: Nice to meet you.

Is your avatar your own cat? What a stunner:rolleyes:

X C X

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cath, nice to meet you too.

The cat in the avatar is not mine—I chose it because I love Siamese kitties. :) I do have one of my own who is a Siamese mix of some sort but doesn't quite look like the one in the avatar. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello doodlebee and welcome :)

I'm glad that you have decided to join us and post more, we'll look forward to getting to know you better.

Bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi there and so Happy you decided to join our group.

This is a great place to come for support, information and even friendships.

I have learned so much from the people here and the support I have recieved is beyond words.

Some of my best friends are people I never met!

This place is my home away from home.

Join us in the chat room sometime.

Hope to get to know you better.
:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board. I'm still new to this group, but not new to sle. I concur that this group is a great one.
Sally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts