TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I've been bothered with extreme tenderness on several areas of my scalp and mild headaches that come and go. Feels like it does when you have whacked yourself on the head, but that hasn't happened to me. Anyone have this problem, and can it be Lupus related?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi. I've got this too and have asked the same question on the forum. I get areas on my scalp which are extremely tender to prod or lumps which look/feel like the start of a huge spot but they're not! It can be really painful, yet some areas of my scalp are unaffected. Also, I get a sensation similar to when you wear a hairclip/ponytail too tight. I've recently been diagnosed with a combination of cutaneous lupus/psoriasis.

·
Registered
467 Posts
me too

hi

i get that too. not so much like i bumped my head, but the sensation aggie speaks of...tho' i describe it as my hair hurts. most odd feeling. don't know what it is, just chalk it up to one more loupy thing :p

take care
hugs and kisses

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi, I too have had sore hair from time to time. I have always associated it with a flare-up of the fibro-myalgia. It really can be bothersome especially when it is on the back part of the head. It usually means no sleep for me.

I never really found anything that helped, it just seemed to come and go at will.

Wishing you better health, TAB

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Cher,
I am not sure if it is lupus related or not. I know when I use to keep my hair up all the time I would develope tender spots in my head and sometimes get a headache and when I took my hair down to take a shower it would easy the headache but my head would still have sore spots. I am not sure if you wear your hair up a lot or not but if you do it might have something to do with it. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Yolanda
13 Posts
I have this same weird symptom too sometimes; feels like I've had my hair too tight in a pony tail, only I haven't. Hurts to brush my hair or wash it. Dr hasn't given me a reason for it. I usually have intermittent headaches with it and eye pain.

·
Registered
198 Posts
T. A. Bossmeier;538809 said:
Hi, I too have had sore hair from time to time. I have always associated it with a flare-up of the fibro-myalgia. It really can be bothersome especially when it is on the back part of the head. It usually means no sleep for me.

I never really found anything that helped, it just seemed to come and go at will.

Wishing you better health, TAB
That's interesting as I have FM too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Me Too

Hi i posted about the hiar up to tight thingig too. just one more thing to mention at first appt next.if i get any answers for it i will let you know.

·
11,405 Posts
Before I was diagnosed my hair would hurt when I washed it.
After the generic plaq kicked in I haven't
had that feeling.

I hope you find some relief soon.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hello

I recently did a search into migraine and lupus headaches and one of the sites included sore scalp (without sores or lumps and bumps) in the list of signs and symptoms for both migraine and lupus headaches.

Interesting because I sometimes have a sore scalp without headaches - rarely get them these days after medication, but the interesting thing is I have usually had one, or get one, around the same time as the sore scalp.

For me it is similar to yrobinsons description of feeling a bit like I've had a pony tail tied too tight. Hair to short for that one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts