TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any idea what these are? I've had 2 so far and one was more like a pimple and on the back of my head, I'm thinking because I sweat really bad at night:eek: The other was by my temple and appeared overnight it was like it oozed and left a scab?

Also does anyone ever have sharp pains in their feet? I woke up last night with a pain so bad in my foot I thought it might be a spider bite so I got up and looked and nothing but it was extemely sore to touch and kinda comes and goes throughout the day.

Thanks.:)

DX/d: SLE, Asthma, Raynaud's

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, I get sores on my head all the time. They are very sore and sound the same as you descibe ! Sorry i cant help you with the pains in your feet but im sure that someone else will. I have conective tissue disease, Hughes and Raynauds.
I hope that you feel better soon, take care lov Sarah x

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi

I've had sores on my scalp on and off for years, in fact I have at least three at the moment! My scalp is very tender, too. With regards to feet, I have awful pain in my heels, achilles tendons and get plantar faciitis. I also have pains through the ankle joints and find it very difficult to sleep on my side without a small pillow between my feet. It is very bad when I wake up and have to "be brave" when first putting my feet to the ground and then hobble/stagger to the bathroom. I limp around for about half an hour or so until I can get moving. I do get sharp pains for no reason other than this disease wants to keep reminding me it's still there.

Hope you are having a better day today.
Love Judi xx

·
Registered
521 Posts
I sometimes get the sharp pain in between my toe. Like someone is sticking a needle between my big toe and second toe. I also get lil pimples from **** in my head,, one or 2 at at time,, after brushing it turns into a scab from ****, i think plaquenil has a lot to do with this

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Set,

I get a lot of scalp sores, moreso when I am flaring. Plaquenil has helped them a lot but I still get them and they sound very much like yours. I assume they are a skin manifestation of our internal disease. A little dab of tea tree oil seems to dry them out sooner, but mostly mine dry out and scab over pretty quickly (maybe me having Sjogren's too contributes to the drying out quickly, I'm not sure).

I do get sharp pains in my feet, but they don't bother me too much and don't last long, more like a mini lightning bolt, not sure what it is. Big help aren't I :hehe: :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
When I started getting sharp pains in my feet, my doctor said that sudden pains like that are nerve pain. She thought it was because of all the swelling my feet had been going through. Anyway she perscribed Lyrica and it has helped a LOT with the sharp pains. I'm still getting the ones around my ankle that feel like spider bites but I've only been on the Lyrica for a month. I know that sometimes it takes a while for the medicine to get to full effetiveness.

BTW - silly thing bodies do - I've been on water pill for over a year for swelling in my feet. Two pills a day for several months, three pills a day when that wasn't helping. For the past 10 days I've had no swelling at all. ?????

·
Registered
301 Posts
WRT to silly things... I was on diuretics for swelling for several years. When I was flaring and the swelling got worse I was put on stonger diuretics - no effect. Came off the diuretics, I now have ankles that I've not seen for a long time!! (Still in a flare, tho').

Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Judif what does WRT mean?

love
Lily

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sorry Lily....With Respect To/With Reference To.....an old PA (personal assistant)/editor habit.

J xx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Thanks Jude :) I was sitting there for ages trying to nut it out :lol:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
SetApart,

I also get sores in my head and have no idea why. I initially thought they were from basic clogged pores in the scalp and I suppose they could be. I do not use alot of hair products, much to the dismay of my hairdresser. I normally have one or two at a time and always have to tell my hair dresser that I have them. Of course after seeing the same person for over four years, she is quite used to this problem of mine.

As for the achy feet, I also have to agree. I can go for days with no pain and then all of a sudden there they are. It makes it very difficult to walk as it feels like needles or glass fragments poking me in the bottom of my feet. Sometimes in the middle of the night it will wake me up, especially when the sheet or blankets rubs the bottom of my feet. I take Lyrica as well as Flexeril and that has helped alot.

If you haven't spoke to your physician about these problems, then it would be very important to discuss it with him. One other thing to consider is if you are diabetic, then the foot issue can be a mre serious issue.

Good Luck
Nancy

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hi,
I too have sores on my scalp and thought it was because I tend to be a sweat monger, but I guess who knows. I currently have a couple and they are painful little burgers. :eek:
I have pain in my feet, heels and ankle and also do not have a clue as to why????? I suppose I am really of no help-sorry:(

Let us know what you find out.

Good Luck,
Becca

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello.

I only joined today and I am as yet undiagnosed. I get sores all over my head. I have about 10 at the moment and my head is so sore. I'm trying not to wash my hair as often as I usually would as I'm worried about them getting infected. I also have sores up my nose and in my ears- all weeping sores.

I think this dog is on its last legs!! :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also have major scalp issues. My dermatologist prescribed Olux, Luxiq, and Clobex and they help with the sores and scalp burning.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi there,

I would suggest a visit to the GP. Sores on the head sometimes need antibiobtics in the form of topical ointment or oral.

Take care!

Lesley

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
I too get scalp sores and scalp gets very tender even just to touch. Brushing hair can be extremly painful. As for my feet they are a real issue at the moment and although i am attending physio coz of them they seem to be getting worse! its hard to walk, stand even somtimes! if anyone has a good idea on how to help i'm listening! seems achilles tendonitis and more!
thanks
keep well
Nettyxxxxxx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts