The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am scheduled to have surgery for bladder (stress urinary incontinence) on Aug. 5th. I have suffered thru with incont. for about 4 yrs. Detrol LA, Antibiotics, Flomax, poise pads (from which I get "diaper rash", etc. I've been to 2 different urologists who don't concur on actual cause of my "problem", Its SLE, its your SJS, your fibro, meds cocktail and on and on. I was taken off the flomax by the new uro, which has helped the urgency issue. After much testing there are things that can be done while others are something I just have to live with...
The surgery is to implant a Lynx urethal sling. (its like a hammock permanently installed to lift the neck of the ureter to help prevent leakage. From the research I've done and info given by the doctor I've given the go for the surgery. Just wondering if anyone has had this procedure and if its helped?

Any info helps,
Michelle

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi, I guess after all you've been through this is a ray of hope.

Wishing you the best and please let us know how you come along

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surferboy,
Thanks for the well wishes. It is a shining ray of hope as I'm only 46yrs old. Hardly ready to live in Depends!:rotfl:

Thanks again,
Michelle

·
Registered
15,684 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hello Mamascan,

I am 46 years old as well and no, you should not be wearing depends.

I'm glad they are finally doing something with your problem. It's so frustrating when they don't do anything for you or the meds don't work.

I am not familiar with the surgical procedure, but I wish you the best with your surgery.

Nutty

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dearest Lily,
Thanks so much for the link. I too hope all will go well. The research I had didn't tell about the specifics of negative outcomes so with that in mind, I'll ask for more info from the urologist. I was told the success rate was @ 85%.

Nutty, Thanks to you for your kind words and wishes. 46 is definitely too young for some of this although I believe we are entering that range when all these "special" things begin to crop up. :rotfl:

Thanks again!

Michelle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts