TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year had a really bad upper respiratory infection, followed by shingles ?.. then diagnosed as bacteria infection.. then throat closed up (tonsils) no oxygen in lungs.. hospitalized for week..3 intervenous antibitoics , oxygen and three asthma meds later plus steriods ... released only to come back a day later requiring emergency gall bladder surgery (always had digestive issues ) ... have asthma abouts all of time ..asthmatic brochitis 6 times this year ..ruptured eardrum ..and now realized the hard lumps under my skin that dr diagnosed as calcinois or RA bumps ..are not a coincidence ? .. have problems working out..wake up congested all of the time .. history of early stage lupus diagnosis in 2006.. fibro.. can this be scleroderma ? Too many symptoms over life time to list ? any thoughts ... :eek:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sarcoidosis can usually be somewhat clearly diagnosed based on lung appearance on CT scan combined with a sampling of the material in the lung. A history of infections as you describe doesn't really make it much more likely unless the infections don't clear and abnormalities remain on your scans.

As for scleroderma, that can present with skin nodules and difficulty with eating as well as breathing problems but there are other symptoms and most typically some specific bloodwork that would point in that direction.

These are certainly things to ask your rheumy or GP about... ask if they are more likely given your history or if they have been considered and ruled out. I would also want to look into any kind of immune deficiency if you are having lots of problems with infections over a long course of time. I have IgA deficiency for example and this is why I also got a lovely ruptured eardrum and many eye, ear, and sinus infections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts