The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
rockstar!
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know there are at least a handful of people in/near Seattle. Does anyone have recommendations for a rheumatologist that they really like? I'd prefer one who is in the city and accessible by bus, but I'd consider going to someone in a neighboring town if they're really that awesome :) I just want someone who is very understanding, personable, and willing to try different things and help me function as normally as possible with the help of medications. I have seen one rheumy when I used to live in Seattle, but he didn't strike me one way or the other really. I wouldn't mind going back to him, but I also wouldn't mind trying someone else...so I figured it's worth a shot to ask since I'll be moving back soon!

Thanks,
kit

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Kit,
I am sorry i dont have an actual referal but i do have a suggestion :) seattle has a health care finder line (phone number) and they provide recommendations by specialty based on recommendations and ranking(not sure but they are on the list by 'good'-ness)

i will look up the number for you its been so long since i uesd it (2 years) i foudn a great counsellor through them! and i did not use them for my neuro and he was so terrible (by the way if you need a neuro email me and i will give you my NON-recommendation)

so thsi is one of those pointless posts but i wanted to put it out to you in case i cant fidn it maybe your health insurance has the number :) good luck
mk

·
Registered
3 Posts
please help

Hi I just read your post and i was wondering if you have the health care finder line phone number. I am new to the lupis thing. I have been diagnosed with the skin and hair lupis, but have yet to find a doctor that is knowledgable in lupis and cant be diagnosed properly.. i hope you can lead me in the right direction... thanks so much.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Choobler,

This was a fairly old post so if no-one answers it would be a good idea to start a post of your own, it might get more attention :)

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm not sure if you still need a doctor, but I can definitely recommend Peter Mohai, MD, or Christy Kenyon, MD both at Minor & James Medical group. If you want one in the northend, look into Julie Carkin, MD, she is out west of Northgate. Kind of in a north Seattle Comm College area. Sorry that I don't know of any in the south end or west Seattle area.

Hopefully you will have found someone since you posted who you will find meeting your needs.
Sally

1 - 5 of 5 Posts