The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am been diagnosed with Lupus and it has effected my CNS, skin and joints....Neurologist said no white matter involvement which is good..BUT I had a seizure last night..woke up in the middle..only my right side affcted..called neuro and waiting on a call back...I am scared...Diane

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
(((Diane))))

I know how scary seizures can be.:hug::hug: Or did you have a stroke?

I hope you hear from your neuro soon.

Let us know how you are doing.

Love & hugs,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That would be scary to wake up to that kind of thing... I hope you hear back from your neuro soon and can post an update as to how you are doing.

Take care and many (((hugs))).

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hope your felling better today, they can wipe you out the day after still, and leave you really feeling tired , its always my right side thats effected too. doeasnt matter how many oi have they still scare me xx

good luck with your neuro Lin xxx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well heard back from neuro and it was a seizure...need eeg...no med right now but if the eeg is abnormal or I have another one he will give me a med...Thanks for telling me hw tired you are after..I am exhausted today and discouraged too..this disease stinks...he also told me I cannot drive for 3 months and I think that bothers me the most...thanks for your input..Di

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
:hug: Diane.

Not driving really is limiting. Hopefully the test will look alright and you won't be restricted any longer than that.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes, seizures are one of the unwelcome companions of lupus. Brain fog can be increased for a few days afterwards.

Good luck on the testing and I hope that it works out so you are back to your usual stuff quickly.
Sally

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all your encouragement..today I am discouraged to say the least..no seizure last night...I feel so alone but you have helped with that...i am still foggy today..how long will that last?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i know its the pits not driving, you have to be seziure free for 12months here in the uk, i hav not driven now for 12 months, but you can aply fro a bus pass, dont worry if the EEG shows nothing, my neuro says they dont always, i then went on to have another MRI Scan. then went on meds after further sezuires, again speak up if they put you on meds and they dont help, ive had a few, now on Keppra, with me they saids the sle caused it. Good luck

Ps i know what you mean about feeling scared and alone, i very offten do
sending you (((((((((((Hugs Lin xx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just dropping into to send you good luck and please do not feel alone we ae all in the same boat.

Take care of yourself.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Diane. I am so sorry that you have this new development to deal with. It must be very scary and not being able to drive is so frustrating. I hope you are feeling a little better today. Sending you gentle cyber hugs ((( ))).

Thinking of you

Take care

Deb x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.