TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this? It's the closest thing to describe what's going in my right foot below the big toe, big joint. when I told my rheumie about the pain he said basically... oh that's a common area to hurt...something something...brittleness. And that was it. ????

Comments on the pain area in question? Or how to deal with it? on-line sources say take 8 weeks off and keep it rested. (Right. I teach high school.)

Other ideas?

Thanks,
chel

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
chel,
Is there a choice to sit through most of the classes, if so get a second chair and prop it up on the chair. When you get home make sure you rest completely for the first hour. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this and try and find a way to work too. Well, here is hoping there are some breaks coming where you teach. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tendon foot pain

Yep, I sat most of today -- not real helpful for the recently set goal of walking for 20 minutes a day. chuckling. And yes, I think that helped but tonight when I put the blanket over my legs the light pressure against my toes bending them down immediately strained them.

Is anyone else's tendons in their feet causing issues? I noticed before this issue that for a few weeks now my toes just can't stand the pressure of blankets at night bending my foot down. (Kind of annoying since I'm most comfortable sleeping on my back.) sigh.

Ah well. Another intriguing small annoyance to add to the pile. Still better than the huge flares I guess. The chest pain and cough are back tonight but I'm also pretty tired. A co-worker came in after school and must've asked me three times if I was okay. You know the feeling when your eyes are overly droopy and squinty? I'm sure I must've looked drugged. chuckling. ah well.

Oh, and no I haven't tried the gels. I rarely make it to a shop during the school year. I know it sounds ludicrous but I only really go to school and then home to bed from Sept. to June. Maybe I'll be up for a drive this weekend to find some.

Thanks for commenting back. :) It's good to hear from others.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Chel,

I have the same problem when I lay on my back. My husband rigged up a bar at the end of the bed that is a little higher so the blankets do not rest on my feet. In the past I have seen something similar online for people with peripheral neuropathy. You could also try using a bed rail at the end of the bed to see if that helps.

I hope you start to improve soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Howdy Chel,
Sorry about your pain.
My wife has trouble with her sesimoid bone (which I insist on calling her "Sigmund Freud bone":)) with occasional severe pain as it seems the Sigmund Freud bone moves around. She wears w-i-d-e shoes and has almost not problem when she does so.
I second the gel inserts suggestion.
Good luck. I have seen how miserable this condition can be.
Douglas+

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have this too - in fact had a bunionectomy years ago, probably didn't need to - was probably lupus.

well, I'm glad it is only in one foot for now :) you can shift your weight.

for me I switch to flats even athletic shoes if I can get away with it - never ware the same pair two days in a row though. No solution. Sorry for your pain, I know it can be awful.

best

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have had severe pain in both my feet for quite awile. If I go shopping my feet hurt so bad I have to take a pain pill and then they ache so bad. If I sit awile and then try to get up I can barely walk. I've also had numbness in my feet but I'm takin a Rx for my neuropathy? Then a few weeks ago I had a rash on my legs that lasted for about a week that looked like vasculitis and then my right toe became numb and looked blue, it still looks blue ever since then I don't know what's going on with my feet?:worried:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
feet blues

and in SetApart's case literally blue toes... :) I feel for all of you. No bunions here the doc said just...pain I guess. Who knows? Like all of you have experienced, pain comes and goes in different areas.. I almost find it amusing. My husband used to roll over in the morning and hesitantly ask, "How are you?" He wanted me to be honest but it got to be like running a diagnostic scan and that became funny and pathetic so I asked him to quit asking every day. chuckling. He understood.

Here's a thank you to all the spouses and family members who do care. What a deal they got themselves into eh?

Thanks again to all of you who read and or comment back even on small things. It helps.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Chel,
You said you don't get to stores much during the school year. I am going to suggest you explore your local sport store and see if they have "custom footbeds." These are molded to the whole of your foot, can be altered to fit specific shoes. They are not a rigid orthotic, but cover the whole foot bottom. They redistribute the balance in your foot to other areas which can handle it and relieve pressure off areas that hurt. I used to use these when I taught skiing. They made a HUGE difference in my balance, so much so, that I put them in my riding boots. It made difference there.
They are about $100, but worth the investment. A lot of runners use these as they give a total balanced foot.

Good luck,
Sally

1 - 10 of 10 Posts