The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I have been feeling much better, with lupus and Fibro symptoms lately...I am happy to report.

I am however, having severe stomach cramping and bright red blood in my stool. I have noticed it twice, over a two week time frame. The cramping has come and gone for a bit, and only recently not let up.

My B.M.. is not normal either. I thought all the meds I am taking was the cause of it. I called my G.P. and he said, it is not normal, and schedualed me for a Colonoscopy.

I hate to complain (well, I have been working on it). but, my pains meds are not very effective for this stomach pain. I guess, I will tough it out..as long as I can. At least until the colonoscopy..and go from there.

Honestly..though, other than the pain..even being diagnosed with a low grade glial tumor..I am in good spirits. :)

I do want to thank all of you, who have given even a moment of your time through the years to support me..I love you all, for it.

Love,
Sandy

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Sandy i am haveing the same problem as you with the stomach cramps i am sitting just now trying to take my mind of the pain.I said to hubby it is like someone has a rubber band round my tummy and turning it every couple of mins.It is going right round my back and down into my groin.If it is the same on monday i will phone the doctor and see what he says so you have my sympathy Elisabeth

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Oh my gosh, go to emergency clinic or walk-in or whatever is available to you right now. That kind of pain needs to be evaluated quickly. You know, we tend to put every symptom we have off to lupus. Well that's not necessarily always true. Lupies have appendix that can go bad. We have gallbladders. And other stuff. (please pardon the lack of precise names of organs, but I'm having a "stupid-brain" morning)

Please call your doctor. Go to the clinic. Get checked out now. Both of you! Please don't wait until Monday. If nothing else know that you will be giving me huge relief by checking with your doctor. Otherwise I will worry about you all weekend.

Sunny
worry worting away.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((((Sandy))))))))))) I'm with confused on this, I really think that scheduling a colonoscopy is all very well, but you will have to wait for that I assume? It's not really something that should wait, it can indicate a lot of things, one being internal bleeding which needs to be seen to ASAP. I'm surprised the colonoscopy is your GP's first and only step. I too would head to A&E or alternatively see another GP.

sending hugs dear lady,

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks , for you replies ladies.

Lily, I went to E.R. about two mos. ago with this stomach pain, and they gave me some white chaulky liquid to drink..and then sent me home. At the time.. they thought, I was developing ulcer disease. They told me to follow up with my G.P.

I followed up with my G.P. and he put me on Protonix for about a mo. and wouldn't refill the precription.

So, here I am in a worse way. I have more intense stomach pain and now, blood in my stool.

I will do, as you suggested Lily. On Monday morning, I will call my G.P. and tell them I also.. have bright blood in my B.M.
Maybe, they will call the gastro's office and have them, move the colonoscopy up in date, or order another test sooner.

Oddly enough..internal bleeding didn't even occur to me..:eek: I guess, that is why I am so grateful I have those of you that care.

Thanks, Lily for the hugs and concern. I will let you know how it turns out..

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Sandy

I would be very concerned in the same position.

I wanted to repeat what Lily said.

Please get yourself seen quickly with frank blood in your stools.

Take good care of yourself.

Love

·
11,410 Posts
(((Sandy)))

I agree with Lily and Alwin. Go quickly to the ER and get this checked out.

Stomach pain is terrible and you are right pain meds don't help it.

Let us know how you are doing.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts