The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, thought I had hit the jackpot a few days ago and was feeling ok, but still having the pain and discomfort that we all have everyday. It was nice while it lasted, you guessed it the fatigue got me and won't let go no matter how much I fight it ;). I can only hope that this set back it short lived and that the good feeling will return soon.

I got the note from the doctors office yesterday and he wants my job changed now, one with a few hours a day and not so much time on my feet. Go figure I find something I am good at and now I am getting demoted by the doctor :(. My boss says it is ok that she will put me on as the breakfast person as I am too valuable to let go. She said I can do what I want and make my own hours for now until we find something that works for me. She did ask if I could hold out a few more weeks so I can train the person that will be filling in for me. She said she wants them to do just like I do. How do I put a personality like mine in someone else?

This all sounds great but my heart is breaking I am affraid that this will be a permant thing, and that is not really what I want I don't think. Ok, Yes I sound confused because I am. I am relieved that I get to cut back some hours and make my own schedule for the time being, but I will miss all the people for ten years that only deal with me. They won't know how to act with me not being there to take care of them. I know what they want, all of them. I am sure this will just take some time to adjust to as it did when I started working here. I hope I can mentally handle the set back, it sure is beating me up right now.

I hope that you are all doing well and feeling the best that you can right now.

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
The doctor is doing what is best for you in the long run Tammy. I hope your new position works out well.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Tammy,

Getting a new position will keep you working and getting better health. It sounds like you have a very concerned doctor that is looking out for you. :)

Good luck on your new job.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Tammy, as frustrating this is for you, I do HOPE it works out so you are able to let your body rest like it needs. So hard to live with the changes this unwelcome companion requires.

Positive thoughts going your way.
Sally

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Tammy

I know it must b hard to except, Listen to your body it is telling you it needs more rest. So is your GP.

Think positive You still have your job with less working hours. You are valued by your boss and work mates.

Im sure once you have rested and lupus is more controlled perhaps you could increase your hours or maybe not once you have become accustomed to more me time.

thinking of u

dixy

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
(((( Tammy)))))

It's hard to let go Tammy, you sound so responsible and much needed at yr work and maybe it's a good thing you have to let go.....

It will work out, sending you big hugs :hug: xxx

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to thank all of you for your advise and concern. I know things happen for a reason I am just in need a real vacation from all of this and time to catch my breath, but it just don't seem like that will be coming anytime soon. I also know the saying god don't give you more than you can handle. He might of miss judged me by a bit. We have been down this road before and I have a real problem not working. I have to have my work, it is a big part of my life.

I must be pretty messed up right now as I am angry at the doctor for telling me I have to do something else, I am angry at myself for letting it get to this point, and I am anger at my job for not seeing that it was all getting to much for me. In the end I know it is all for the best, but it does not change the river of emotions that are running through me at the moment. I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO ANY OF THIS. It seems when I take a step backwards that is were I stay backwards. No going forward for me I guess.

I do hope that all of you are doing well and feeling well for a change. We all could us a break even for a day.

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Hi Tammy,

Work was a big part of my life also. I really thought I would go nuts without it. The exact opposite has been true. I found I could be busy 24/7 if my body could keep up.

I know this is another thing Lupus has taken from you. Each new loss stirs up all the emotions once again. Just remember we will be here for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are so right about work. I know I have come to a point where things need to slow down a bit (we a lot), it is just really hard to have your body there and your mind still at 20 yrs. old. You think you can still do it all or that you should be able to. I know in time I will adjust and won't think about it as a set back instead as a gifted handed to me by the lupus.

I just hate the thought of yet another reason to be thought of as lazy. If people only knew what we really are like and that we just want to work and live like they do it would be easier. No one ever told me this would be easy so I guess it is yet another thing to adjust to. I am by nature a worrier and I can't see how things will get paid without my income but I know about social security and I know how hard it is to get on so hense the worry sets in.

Lazy you have been a light at the end of the tunnel for me and wanted to thank you for all your encouragement since I came to the site. I know we all help each other down the lupus road but it is easier when the advise is right and the people really do care about you.

I hope all are doing well in the hot summer months and find away to be healthy thru it all.

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Would you like to share that 20 year old mind Tammy? :lol:

So far so good with the heat. I am fortunate to have air conditioning.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hey girl,

Remember, everything for a reason. Listen to your body as it is speaking loud and clear to you. Obviously so is your primary care physician too. It may be hard to cut down in the beginning but put this in God's hands and it will all work out.

Sending gentle hugs to you my friend.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
SAM M
42 Posts
Hello Tammy........... I know exactly how you feel thought the Plquenil i was started on was some king of miracle fix had over a week of feeling very well then BANG CRASH !! I think whats hardest is that we have no control over how we feel from day to day which makes long term issues ie work harder to plan. I hope you settle into your new position well and hope it will help you long term.

Sending love and hugs to you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
put this in God's hands and it will all work out.
If it were only that simple.....

Hope you are doing okay Tammy?

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts