The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have meant to ask this before, I never really get an answer from doc saying anything significant, but my urine analysis always comes back with traces of protien, whats that mean exactly:unsure: I mean I could look it up but I thought I would ask people here with experiences first.:yes:
Thanks for any insight!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Laura,

I too have had a few samples that have shown traces of protein. After further investigation my docs were not concerned. I'm no expert on this but I think it's common to have traces of protein in early morning urine samples.

Hopefully someone else will come along to offer you advice.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I've had the same experience - trace protein (especially in the first morning sample) is relatively common and not overly concerning. When it went up to +1 and was a late morning sample then it was a bit concerning but still nothing being done more than a test more frequently and watch/wait (& take me off NSAIDs entirely and put me on Lisinipril to protect the kidneys). I also had a low GFR of 58-59 a few times in a row as well. This went up to the mid 60's at last testing with the measures taken so far.

It's definitely something to keep an eye on, but I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. Hopefully you'll be able to talk to your doctor about this as well with very specific questions & you can get more specific answers. In general... If the overall kidney functioning is still doing well (as assessed by GFR, BUN, creatinine, etc.) then trace protein is not too concerning.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys the samples I give are in the afternoon and for the first time my bun was low (I think or was it high) I will have to check but I know it was flagged for the first time. I see Rheumy next month, thanks:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.