The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I was at the hospital 2day having my 3 month check on dle, i'm bit concerned as i have started to have pin and needles in my right kidney so i mentioned this to my derm doctor and he is wanting to do some test on my kidneys today i had usual blood tests and i have to wait for the result of them before i know which other tests he is ordering for me.
I cant help thinking the worst.. as any one had this sort of sensation before and am i right to be worried?

I shall look forward to hearing from any one.

Many thanks

Dee

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If you're concerned that the lupus has spread to your kidneys because of this pins -n - needles sensation in the area of your kidney, then I wouldn't worry too much. Lupus kidney issues almost never cause pain or any other type of sensation in the kidney area; they are much more likely to only be found via urinalysis done as a matter of routine. Signs of lupus attacking the kidneys is more likely to involve things like edema and foamy urine.

New symptoms are always worrying though, I can empathize with you there.
I hope the discoid lupus has improved for you in the last 3 months...

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi, I was just wondering, why would you have a dermatologist investigate you for sle problems? I don't mean to critise, just wondering. I wish you the best of outcomes. de-stress.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello There,

I can understand you being worried but you will soon have an answer.
I go by the motto that "everything in life is so frightening , there is no point worrying about anything"
Sending Hugs
x Lola

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the support,my dermatologist is checking kidneys to be safe.. he knows of soe one like me that has pin and needles in kidneys and turned out to be sle.. i have flared for past 3 years without a break from it and he is worried.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I think there are already grounds for concern that your DLE hasn't improved in three years. Actually if tests including urine have been done regularly as they should be done in cases of skin lupus it isn't likely that serious nephritis would creep up so fast. I can't comment on pins and needles in kidney except to say I have never heard of this but then there are millions of things I have never heard of.
I do think docs should keep their mouths shut until they are pretty certain what's going on. From what I have read and heard, more usual first signs of kidney disease are swelling and high blood pressure.

You could read up about diagnosis and testing to get a better idea what has been going on, & to see if you have been adequately tested for systemic disease at the time you were first diagnosed and thereafter.
If anything is brewing, it's a good thing it is being investigated now rather than later

You might also find out about treatment options to get the disease under control and reduce the risk of systemic disease developing. I hope you get the test results soon and reassurance that all is well. Please let us know how you get on and just ask if you would like further information or help of any sort. We'll help you all we can.

Bye for now

:)

Clare

Halfpint: it is very possible that the dermy is doing the testing because it might be several weeks or even months before a rheumy appointment is available. If the tests show anything up then the rheumy appointment wait will probably be less

1 - 6 of 6 Posts