TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there

Does anyone have pain in the collarbone/shoulder joint? Sort of the front of the top of a bra strap place, if that makes sense. It started being a bit sore a few weeks ago in a pilates class, and is now much worse. It hurts when I move the shoulder and if I breathe deeply. It sort of feels as if a bone is rubbing against another bone - the only feeling I can liken it to is pubic symphysis dysfunction pain that I had when pregnant. It's not really bad but it kept me awake last night as it was hard to find a position where it didn't 'grind' with each breath.

I've read about bursitis in the shoulder, and as I have that in my hips and have had it in my knees I wondered if it could be this. Of course it might be completely lupus-unrelated... but has anyone any experience/tips?

x Hatty

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi hatty i had the same problem a couple of years ago and went for physio and she strapped it up so i could not move it she left that on for a couple of weeks.And that worked for me if your physio is like our then make an appointment to see what they say.Hope that helps Elisabeth

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Hatty

I get exactly this type of pain fairly regularly. Currently its very sore but it was much worse before I started on treatment. It used to hurt really badly when I took a breath but it now feels less 'intense' than before. Mine hurts more when I am lying down and try to get up. Sometimes I have to support my shoulder before I can attempt to get out of bed. This helps a little bit with the pain.

Im not sure exactly what it is but as long as it comes and goes I havent even bothered mentioning it to my doctors. I do have SLE and Fibro so it could be one or the other. I also broke my collar bone when I was 16 (long time ago) and I often wondered if it was related to that old injury.

Sorry Im not much help with regard to management of it except to try and put a pillow under your shoulder when you are lying down. See if it helps. Mine is worse when the shoulder has to lay flat on the mattress. It seems to ease it a bit when its raised.

Take care
Joan:rose:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hatty,
Have you tried heat on it? I would also like for you to look into a chiro to see if they can help with the grinding that is going on. I know, but the one I did see helped me a lot with joint pain. Sometimes he could do things for me the meds could not. It is worth a try right for a pain free night of sleep. I do hope you feel better soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts