The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope you are all well this is me into week 4 of this flare and i am sick of it.So tired and sore had to stop the new antiflamitories as they have made my skin worse hands are the same full of sores.Had bloods done on Monday will get the results next week.But i am going to see another GP tommorow as i think i need a change i only ever got to two doctors when i need to but i feel i need a change a new face and maybe she will do a bit more for me i am so sore down under hope none of the men read this:lol:really not funny Sorry for the moan Elisabeth

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
sorry your flaring right now, but with flares they can go on for a while, hope they ahve got your meds right, so they will help you.

take care Lin x

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Elisabeth,

It gets really old fast when we are flaring.:hug:

Getting a second opinion is a good idea. Maybe they will catch something that your other one didn't,.

Good luck with your appointment.

Love,
Lyn

·
4,435 Posts
Elisabeth, you have every right to moan, what a miserable time... I take it you are in contact with your Rheumy too to be overseeing any meds, tests etc etc ??

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all went to doctor this morning had my bloods done on monday she asked if had receveid a letter from them told her no i was not there for the results as they tell you that they will be back next week however they were back.
Told her how i have been over the last few weeks so she read the bloods.The test that they did on my liver was really high so she phoned to speak to the rhumy answer machine so she tried another hospital they have told me to stop taking the plaquen as from now.I need to have a liver scan and more tests.She got the nurse to take more bloods.I am now waiting for the rhumy to phone me to tell me what will happen now.Has anybody else had bother with there liver she kind of scared me:worried:Elisabeth

·
4,435 Posts
Hi Elisabeth.. I had raised liver enzymes from using Celebrex, certainly the drug didn't help me anyway (know alot of people swear by it).. as soon as I stopped, well a few weeks later my enzymes returned to normal.. it could be something chemical affecting the Liver so try not to panic until you speak with the Rheumy...lots of thoughts XX
Claire X

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Elisabeth,

Im on methotrexate, sulphasalazine, prednisolone, amitriptyline, tramadol and have always suffered from high liver enzymes, due to the mtx, my alt is continually high between 45-180 so its more of a medication juggling act, I know its worrying, but Im sure they will get things under control in the end...wishing you good luck,

Ellie

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi Elizabeth

I do know what being sick and tired of being sick and tired feels like.

Im realatively far better of then a lot of people I read about on here but today I thought just that.....

All I could come up with was this too shall pass.

:)

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank for taking the time to post your good wishes for me.Ellie mine has went from 59.69.500 that is why the doctor phoned the rhumy because it has went so high Elisabeth

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Elisabeth,
I hope you can get plenty of good help and support from the GP and Rheumy.
I can fully understand how fed up and worried you must be.
x Lola

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry you are having such an awful time of it Elisabeth. Yes maybe a new doctor will have some fresh ideas to make like more bearable. Good idea and certainly worth a try.

Love Jen :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts