The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far back as I can remember, (though my memory has been a bit dubious of late) I've always been very conscious of spelling and word order...

It now takes me forever to type messages because I have to go back and re-read and mostly edit the words that are back 2 front. It is so frustrating and drives me nuts! Even worse, I find it spilling over into my speech where I join words together to the point where i think I've created a secret language that even I don't understand! Do you think the BIF (FBI) would be interested?:lol:

I have so many blonde moments these days I'm seriously considering dying my hair... Can anyone relate?

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all! Thank you so much for your responses!

Sometimes I re-write things a couple of times... I used to get angry at myself but now I try and laugh. I don't sleep well at all and have a constant dull throbbing behind my eyes, normally only one at a time. It's usually when I'm very tired that the throbbing becomes a like a squeezing of the eyeball that I get myself muddled up!

Clare T: At a bit of a catch 22 with d/x prog. Since I'm already d/x with dle the med aids impose a waiting period of up to a year before considering treatment. My plan: taking baby steps starting with my gp (he's fantastic!) Am putting aside money every month in my "treatment fund" and I'm going to take it as it comes. I correct everything! but next time I'll hold myself back and leave my muddled masterpiece as is. Thank you for the idea!:)

Katharine: Congrats on starting work again! Can't imagine how hectic it must be to have to translate when muddled. thanks for the advice, I'm still learning to pace myself but I guess that'll come in time.:)

Gingertoni: Sorry to hear bout your dys. I know how difficult it is just having it now and then. If it's any consolation... these replies have taken me forever!!! :)

Ta again, I hope you all have a fab day!!!

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Raggedyann

You are correct, I am currently not on any medication. I live in South Africa and even though I know it's most likely that my dle has developed into sle, (displaying most of the symptoms) I'm a bit sceptical of a self d/x. I need to know for certain. Sometimes I think ... what if I'm displaying the symptoms but it's something else? Even worse, what if it's all in my mind?
At the moment even though I can realate and respond to threads I feel like a bit of a hanger-on because of my uncertainty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.