The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

7,800 Posts
Hello again Lesley,

I believe that there is a more specific blood test for sjorgens, though I'm less sure on that.

When my rheumy was trying to find out what was wrong with me she did send me for sjorgens tests as I also had those symptoms.

As well as tht paper test you spoke of this involved the extra blood tests and also a biopsy taken from inside the lip in your mouth (I had a skin biopsy done on my stomach at the same time). The biopsy of the mouth is specific for sjorgens, I think the pther one was the dermy's idea as she had seen photos of my malar rash. In the end it was the skin (stomach) biopsy that clinched my SLE diagnosis.

that was my experience,
1 - 1 of 1 Posts