The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi
I have sjogren's. I was prescribed Oculotect drops for my eyes. I use them every 2 hours or so. They come in single dose vials and are only available on prescription. They don't have any preservative in so they are completely safe with soft contact lenses. I find they are great and keep my eyes moist all day. I was also given a mist spray - chloromyst - which you spray onto a closed eye. Don't ask me how it works but it does - though to a limited effect. I use it if I have to drive any distance and can't stop to put drops in - it usually lasts upto 4 hours before my eyes are screaming for relief. I can drive immediately on using either form of relief and get no blurring of eyesight whilst using them. The chloromyst can be bought from most pharmacies or good opticians. I'm really lucky because my optician has sjogrens -he's always looking for the best ways of managing the condition and passes on any info he has as well as finding me the most amazing contact lenses which I can wear comfortably all day - along with the drops. I do put lacri lube in at night as my eyes stick over night and I can't open them in the morning without the gel.

Good luck
Lis

1 - 1 of 1 Posts