TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally managed to get a skin biopsy done today,hurrah!
I will know if anything shows up in two weeks time,
Julsie

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I'm glad Julsie!

Take care!

Lesley

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Will be keeping all expcept eyes crossed until then (you never know with the eyes, if the wind changes....)

keep us posted,
Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
HI julsie

That's great news! I'm so pleased for you!

Good luck :luck: and sending you lots of positive vibes for a good result! :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

love karen x

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Results of skin biopsy showed nothing really:( indicated chronic eczema and lymphocytic infiltration...whatever that means.The report said that sometimes lupus shows up in the deeper layers but the biopsy was too shallow.Oh,well,I think that rules out Lupus!?!
Julsie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Julsie,

I'm sure you're disappointed not to have any answers. My understanding is that a negative biopsy doesn't actually rule out lupus, it is simply that if it is positive it is a pretty sure clincher for diagnosis. I remember reading once that a biopsy can actually be negative in someone who has lupus which has been confirmed in other ways.

Obviously it is good to look into all possibilities whether lupus or something else. You just have to keep going back and keep pushing until you get some answers. Sometimes it is a pretty long hard road.

hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
31 Posts
biopsy

Hi sorry to hear the biopsy didnt go too well but dont be so down hearted, i was going through the same thing 14years ago and every test they did came back normal but my body was shutting down it had to wait until i was completely covered with a rash when the biopsy came back the same day with sle, so be patient and never give up. they told me it was all in my head but just kept pushing them as i knew there was definately something wrong.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Still no answers, frustrating.

Part of me says it is great it did not show Lupus yet if Lupus can lay deeper in the tissue it still may be.

I hope your feeling ok.:wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts