The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there

Im off today for a punch biopsy and they r going to take a big lump on my hip out
Scary stuff this illness had made my skin terrible, the skin on my neck is all lumpy bit like a lizards skin lol Then Im getting weird lumps over my body near my spine.(feel like a sci fi monster) Also Im very red on my chest and the texture is like ovel lumps under the skin Think I might have crest syndrome?bit like scarring.
well I have loads of emla cream to slather myself in I know it wont help as the knumbing anasthetis has something in it which stings me like mad. why cant they make something thats not so painfull?

well sorry to rant on Im off in a hour so be glad when its all over.

dixy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Good Luck Dixy
I hope all goes well and it isn't painful at all. I dont know what these lumps might be. CREST is if I remember rightly a syndrome of calcinosis, raynauds , eosophagal immotility, sclerodactyly and telangiestasias - network of fine red veins sort of thing- but you can have any of these symptoms alone or in combination and as far as I know it doesn't mean much in itself. I mean you either have these symptoms or you don't and treatment will be appropriate plus whatever disease modifying treatment you are on.

Wishing you speedy healing
Clare

·
11,408 Posts
Good luck Dixy at your skin biopsy.

How did it go for you?

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi

well I survived lol. Had the emla cream on a good 3 hours. It can b left up to 5 hours. Well told surgeon to makeit a tini tiny scar and just pop the lump out lol Amazing the emla worked asked what the anasthetic was ( bog standard xlocanne 1% adrenaline) So Im ready If they want to do another RHC.they took a punch biopsy from my neck 2 stitches. (mentioned something scleritis could b) The lump was massive about the size of my thumbnail 4 stitches (Just had to have a look said it was calcium with alot of fat around it. So it didnt hurt just felt a bit of tugging. they nurse Dr and trainee were all very kind and chatty. Also let my hubby come in the room. Ooh my blood test they used a new butterfly cannula with a click on it just testing it out I was the 10th person to try it yep I can reccomend it didnt hurt lol Just waiting for follow up and CT scan to checkout whats going on inside me.

Treated myself to some Jelly Belly beans liquorice flavor for being Brave
dixy

·
11,408 Posts
Hi Dixy,

I am happy that everything went well for you and you didn't feel any pain. I hope all your tests go as smooth as this one was.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts