The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was taking a shower and felt something on the bottom side of my left breast
when i looked at it, it was a round red and has a hole in the middle i am
wondering if anybody ever had this before. i looked at a thread that clare posted with diffrent sites, with alot of pictures but nothing looks like it.

just wondering if anybody ever had lessions that look like this.:worried::worried:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Sushi

Mine a quite similar to this, they kind of look like a ringworm. I get them on my neck and legs. They do become scaley and when I am in the shower, with the hot water, they stand out even more.
Hope this helps
Good luck:)

Denise

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hello Sushi
My wife gets lesions like you describe alot of the time.
Since this is a new item for you I would suggest you have your Doctor look at it just to insure it is a Lupus Lesion.

If it is they should be able to give you something to help clear it up or refer you to the proper person to get it under control.

Many of the lesions my wife gets do not last long but some can continue to grow and get worse. With her we use these as one of the clues that Lupus is becoming more active and get her the tests she needs to determine the amount of activity and try and get it under control fairly fast.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Sushi

I suggest you see how it goes. With respect, it is very hard to tell what anything is either by reading a description or looking at pictures unless it is well developed and very typical. The photos are usually of such cases. Even dermatologists can't always tell just by looking: lupus skin can resemble other conditions. Could it be an insect bite?

I'd say it is an odd place for a lupus lesion to develop especially if all other lesions have gone or if they aren't noticeably worse.

I know it isn't easy for you to access medical care, so see if it grows or changes appearance in any marked way such as becoming scaley, if it goes away within a reasonable time and if any new ones develop.
If it's open or raw there might be a slight risk of infection so I'd try some antiseptic - tea tree oil is a favourite of mine for small wounds. It helps healing too. This is a difficult place because it tends to be warm and humid so I'd wear loose clothing to give it some air. If it gets red and throbs or shows obvious signs of inflamation I'd certainly see a doctor.

Sorry not to be more helpful - I hope it clears up fast whatever it is.

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all so much for your advise it means so much! :):):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts