The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some strange happenings right now. Fatigue, brighter redness of chest, neck and face, Raynaud's seems worse, incredible dry mouth and eyes, etc.

I'm very good at ignoring or dismissing symptoms. I'm not sure that's a good thing or not but...

I have had a lovely bought with "opportunistic infections" such as staph. Nothing like oozing at a soccer game to boost your self esteem! (I really cover anything with a bandage, etc. Only kidding about the oozing part!) I get infections of the skin periodically. I'm currently taking 2 antibiotics 3 times daily for an ingrown toenail gone bad! Nice!

What brought me here this week is a nice group of skin ulcers (?) along my jaw line. They tingle and have had a white-ish color. No drainage or lump underneath, just flat, small, round, gross sores. I have worn out my google button trying to get to the bottom of this. I have read little bits about skin ulcers and SLE, but could not find much information. Besides looking fantastic... I'm a little worried. It seems the information out there is very vague.

I have an appointment Wednesday morning to see my rhuem. I am sure I can put this out of my mind and not worry until then - as if!

Any ideas? Layla

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Layla,
Are the sores painful?
Could it possibly be shingles........the rash appears in lines following a nerve and begins with little blister like sores.
Just a suggestion.......impossible to guess what a rash is without seeing it.
Since you are prone to opportunistic infections I would get a doc to see it sooner rather than later.
Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it is shingles. My husband had shingles on his chest and around his side a few years ago. It doesn't hurt like that, not really at all. It is just tingling and weird! It's hard to wait for an appointment!! Thanks for your suggestion though! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have they actually done a culture on the gunk from those ulcers? I'm wondering if you have some kind of resistant bug, that is spreading easily by touch, that needs more specific treatment. A culture would pinpoint the right antibiotic first off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had a culture done on a previous spot. These have no gunk or anything under them. I have had staph and its a giant pimple. This is really flat. Anyway, I have tried to find some info on this and I am getting a vague answer on the subject when I search online. I am sure if I am getting infections so easily and it is safe to say my immune system is crazy right now. I just thought I would see if it could be related. Must not be. I'll just wait and see what my doc says. Thanks though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.