TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am new to this site today,and I have been having a wee look around it. I have Lupus (SLE) and have done for 5 years. My health is really good, and I have been taking Plaquenil,with no problems. But with a bit of reading today, I see this is what seems to be causing the gas,(good to know).Now my real story starts. I was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer this Jan, I am 51, have been and had an operation,Resection. Now they would like to do Radiation and Chemo for 5 weeks. Scary stuff.But my main concern is having this, with the Lupus too.Even the Oncologists don't know enough about all this. I am having a thorough check over with my Rhuemotolgist,before I make the final decision.
Just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation
I look forward to hearing from you.
Karen

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Karen,
I don't know anything about this but wish you all the Luck in the world. It is encouraging that your Lupus is obviously so stable. What does your Lupus Doc. say about all this?
X Lola

·
Registered
642 Posts
Dear Karen
I'm sorry for your troubles. At least you've got the op out of the way.

I think your questions are ones for the medics. you may just need to focus on one thing at a time to get through things just now.

Remember though, doctors don't prescribe chemo and radiotherapy lightly, so maybe there is little choice in this matter. They are going to continue to keep a close eye on you the rheumy and oncologist, and you may just have to take it as it comes.
I wish you the very best :flowery:

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Hi karen

Nice to meet you and welcome to the site.

I am sure that your rhemo will shed some light to this and give you good advice.

Sometimes the treatment outweighs the risk.

Good luck and let us know what your rhemo says about the treatment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts