The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys hope everyone is ok...Just got back from an awesome holiday driving around america (Nevada, Arizona and California!) was amazing!! annndddd thanks to the factor 50+(and the quick course of steroids before i left!) i felt well 99% of the time!!! However upon my return i got a funny rash(which isnt very interesting...sort of like eczema) annddd lots of little bruises!! they are not red and pin prick like cos i know that has a name but they are proper brownish red bruises each about 5mm across and i have about 30 on my legs and arms...any ideas?? i havent been in the wars!! cheers guys xxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi mook,

Glad you had a good holiday< I've just got back from one myself and had a great time, really needed the break.

I'm wondering from your description if these are ecchymosis (sp?) I get them and they can range from red to brownish and are larger than the petichae that you mentioned (pin prick ones). They are virtually a larger version of petichae i.e. bleeding under the skin and they may be due to sun exposure. No matter what precautions I take I still seem to get at least some of them. Quite often on my hands or forearms, sometimes legs.

love
Lily

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Lily, seeing rheumy soon anyway so will ask! god he must think im such a hyperchondriac lol xxxxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts