The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me I feel like crying

I had my first rheumy appointment on 28th July (well didn't because when I got there they cancelled it) so after much kicking and screaming they gave me another one on the 31st July. I seen a different rheumy who said he couldn't find my blood results with the ana 1.640 and a speckled pattern. Sent me for more bloods and discharged me!! Said he will call me back if he finds anything. I have just phoned his secretary who said all my bloods are normal except one that hasn't come back yet, and I haven't got a rheumy disease. The pain I am is excruciating and I am so tired. My gp has given me two courses of prenisilone over the last couple of months which eases it a bit, but won't give me any more and won't give me any painkillers except for paracetamol because of my asthma.

we are going away on Friday only to a caravan but with pain like this and no energy its going to be a nightmare for me and the kids.
can anyone recomend anything
thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi

i cant really recommend anything but just wanted to wish you all the best - i am still waiting for rheumy apt, and can sympathise with the pain - as with you i can only take paracetamol as my asthma too and we all know how good that really is!!! the only other thing i find useful is codeine? . this site has been really helpful with me and everyone here has always given great advice and support.

hope you start to feel better soon and can enjoy your holiday.

chelle

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am so sorry that you are in pain, and not knowing why, has a tumultuous effect on your life. I have no recommendations I am afraid, save to say, you know your own body, and it is telling you something is wrong. Somehow you have to go back to your GP, and keep on going back until you end up in front of the right consultant. However I am sure I am right that dismissal of a rheumatological problem cannot be based upon bloodwork alone, e.g. my consultant had a list of criteria, symptoms etc, and I had to meet 4 of those, I actually met 9/14, plus my bloodwork also confirmed SLE.

Someone correct me on that latter point please if I am wrong.

I note you are still awaiting a blood result, do you know which this is? It just might be the one that gives a pointer to who you need to see.

As much as a right drain as it is, I am afraid many of us here, have been on long long medical journeys to get to our diagnosis's, some of us years, myself included, and if I can give just one piece of solid advice, it would be retain self belief, I have been dismissed outrightly, told it was all in my head, I was attention seeking, to name a few, at times I did feel like throwing in the towel, but just because as we go through the mire to diagnosis, and tests comes normal or with normal paramaters, should never ever automatically rule out something is not amiss.

Good luck ok, your among people here who really do understand.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((scattytracy)))))))))) :hug:

It's really late here but just before I nod off into the keyboard I just wanted to say I had a look back at your past posts and you said the GP had given you 60mg Prednisone daily dose and that you would have been finished that course about one week before you saw the Rheumy. That high amount of Pred may well have turned your bloods negative...........did the Rheumy know she had done this? More importantly did the Pred help all your symptoms?

Bye for now,

love
Lily

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi, sorry you are feeling so discouraged now. The others are right though, don't give up. You know your own body and you know something isn't right.

60mg of pred is a huge dose and would def alter blood results. As Lily said if it helped you, then that is a clue. Do you keep a symptom diary? This can help to determine what is wrong.

I hope you have a nice holiday.

Deb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took me almost 10 years to get diagnosed. Don't give up!! Don't eat foods that are known to be inflammatories like meats and dairy.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
It also took years for me to get diagnosed correctly so dont give up the fight. If you know your ill then press forward until you get answers. I am so sorry your dealing with all this and I know how frustrating it can be.

How are you doing today? I do hope your feeling a little bit better.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts