The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone-
My name is Rose and I live in Las Vegas, Nv. I have been dealing with joint pain, extreme tiredness, and all the other symptoms that go along with this disease since March of 2003. I have met with many doctors but have just last week been given the diagnosis of "mild lupus or undifferentiated mixed connective tissue disease." I saw a rheumatologist in 2005 who put me on prednisone, tapered me off very quickly, told me I had fibromyalgia, and sent me on my way. I did not like him at all and never went back. My symptoms continued to get worse and I went to a clinic in the beginning of 2008 and got a referral to a rheumatologist, but I had to wait eleven months to get in to see him. The primary gave me naprosyn, which doesn't do a thing for me. I finally saw the rheumatologist last November and he listened to me and was very understanding. He started me on plaquenil 400mg daily, neurontin 1800mg daily, and prednisone 40mg daily. He also ordered alot of lab work. When I went last week for the follow up, I explained to him that I was still having alot of symptoms and was there anything stronger I could take. He ordered methyltrexate 7.5mg weekly, folic acid 1mg daily, and reglan 40mg daily for stomach upset. I am starting the methyltrexate tomorrow and I am hoping it really helps me. I am desperate to start feeling better. I am really frustrated with having to put my life on hold. Well, that about sums up my story. I am just so glad I found this website and all of you. Look forward to posting and learning more.
Rose

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Rose and :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear what brings you hear but glad that you finally found a good rheumatologist who is taking you seriously.

I hope the methotrexate helps you and works quickly and that it also means you will eventually be able to taper off the prednisolone.

Bye for now,

Katharine

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site. I really hope that the methotrexate helps you, it is horrible when you feel so rough.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You

Hi Jennannshear, Katharine, and debatat,
Thank you for welcoming me to the group. As I said earlier it is so nice to have people to talk to who can relate to what we are going through. I would love to write more but, I have to go pick up my prescriptions right now. I can't wait to start the methyltrexate. Take care and have a good day.

Rose

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Rose,

Welcome.

Glad that you have found us. You won't feel alone when you come here.

It does take awhile for methotrexate to kick in.
Waiting for meds to kick in, is one of the hardest things to do.
Hang in there.
Love,
Lyn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.