TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda pi**ed off at the moment - I am to be hospitalized next week to have Iloprost intravenously for 6 hours a day for 5 days for Raynauds. I also have to have weekly methotrexate intravenously for 6 months, blood tests every 2 weeks plus I am taking prednisolone, Adcal calcium supplement, Codeine, Diclofenac, Folic Acid. Lanzoprazole, Spasmonal, Metoclopremide, Itraconazole, Imigran and Diazepam.

Iloprost will be a yearly thing but Methotrexate may be life long. Has anyone else had these treatments? I have really bad stomach problems from all the drugs and really bad night sweats. Really getting me down

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Sheira,

You are indeed on a tough regime:(. Sorry, but I've not had personal experience with these meds. I'll be thinking of you in the hospital:blush:

X C X

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Sheira,

I just want to wish you good results with your treatment.

I am sorry, your feeling badly. I don't have experience with those particular
meds.

Can your dr, perhaps give you just one more med, for your stomach? I know..just one more drug..(cringe).

Wishing you well..always,
Sandy

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
sheira;531425 said:
I'm kinda pi**ed off at the moment - I am to be hospitalized next week to have Iloprost intravenously for 6 hours a day for 5 days for Raynauds. I also have to have weekly methotrexate intravenously for 6 months, blood tests every 2 weeks plus I am taking prednisolone, Adcal calcium supplement, Codeine, Diclofenac, Folic Acid. Lanzoprazole, Spasmonal, Metoclopremide, Itraconazole, Imigran and Diazepam.

Iloprost will be a yearly thing but Methotrexate may be life long. Has anyone else had these treatments? I have really bad stomach problems from all the drugs and really bad night sweats. Really getting me down
my friend as to go into manchester every six months for the drip with the Raynauds, ive met her in there twice now, thats how we met,

just want to say good luck, and if it helps what can we do, only go with it
will be thinking of you Lin xx

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi

I've had the illoprost a couple of times, it made me very sick (request sickness pills if you aren't given any)and headachey and my blood pressure dropped alarmingly-9( I have low blood pressure anyway) My doc and I agreed it didn't really seem to help enough to continue having it. Hope it works better for you

Rachel

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hello Sheira

Just wanted to wish you all the best with your treatment, sorry you having such a rough time

Sheila x

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Sheira,
Hard luck to have to be hospitalised for your meds...........very disruptive:mad:

I have never had any treatment for my Raynauds although I suspect the plaquenil has helped a little. I had had it since my teens and just manage it as best I can. It can be disabling for hours at a time though. How does it affect you that you need such meds?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My hands and feet have open sores and calcium deposits. Really really painful and i am in tears when it's cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts