The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow my daughter is going to be induced! Looks like if it goes according to plan, I will be a grandma for the first time! I am so excited but scared to death...more scared than I ever was when I gave birth. I wish I could have the pains for her.

She is getting ready to turn 20 at the end of the month and I keep wondering where all the years have went. Please keep her and me and the baby in your thoughts because I have a feeling that tomorrow will be a long day for all of us. By the way her name is Megan so if anyone wants to say some prayers they will be appreciated. My little g-baby will be named Dawson.

Thanks so much,
Mary

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Wow How exciting for you mary and like you said how scarey.I have a 23 year old who is not married yet but does want kids some day real bad.I had not thought about it but that would be very scarey time for you and her but the modern day tomes they have so much to help her with the pain she mighnt encounter.I am praying that megan gets through very quicly for her sake and the babys to.Well congradulations grandma;) .I bet you are very excited about everything.If you get time please let us know what she ended up having and how things went for mommy and baby:)

Tammy:)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Mary,

Oh! I am excited for you..It will be a long day, but so worth it. I will be thinking of you holding your grandson Dawson, in your arms. :)

I will say a prayer for all of you Mary.

Please, share tomorrow with all of us..? :)

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Mary,

Being a first time g'ma is great. My daughter had her first child back in February and it was great. She sailed thru labour and delivery like it was nothing.

Wil be thinking about you, Megan and Dawson!
Nancy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the good thoughts and letting me share my excitement,
I will let you know as soon as I can. She is checking in at 9 am. I'm already up getting ready lol. Didn't sleep much last night but I can't wait! I am already telling everyone that he look's like me.

Mary

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just wanted to wish you, your daughter and grandbaby all the best! I will say a prayer for you and send positive thoughts your way:)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi mary!

what an exciting time for you all :woohoo: best of luck to your daughter megan,I hope she has a very easy,smooth labour.

you must be so excited to meet your little grandson dawson!!I will be thinking of you all.
please keep us updated :)

hugs to you all :grouphug2:
love karen x

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi mary i do hope by the time you read this you will be a grandma so give our best regards to Megan and Dawson there is nothing more happier than a new baby so CONGRATULATIONS Elisabeth

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I imagine by now she's in full labor so I'll say a little prayer for sailing through it for Megan and Dawson ;)

My mom told me that it was very different when her daughter had the grandbaby for her than when her son had the grandbabies! Much more nervewracking and you know just what they're going through... But as you know it's all so worth it in the end. I hope I get to be a grandma some day too! Enjoy that little bundle...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He is here and he is healthy and so gorgeous I can't even tell you all wonderful it feels to hold him. Thanks for all the prayers, they really worked. Megan sailed thru it like an old pro. Even her doctor was impressed. She was in labor for 9 hours but 3 big pushes and he was out. I got to go in with her and that meant so much to me. He weighed 7lb 1/2 oz. His momma weighed over 10 lbs, so he looks tiny to me. Keep them in your prayers so they will continue to be happy and healthy.

So much love,
Mary

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA!!! :micbounce: :woohoo: :cloud9:

I am so pleased everything went smoothly!!..congratulations to you all & well done to your daughter!!
welcome little dawson!!!!!!

enjoy this precious time mary!
hugs to you all :grhug:
love karen x

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: HOW EXCITING....
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL...:lol: :lol: GRANDCHILDREN ARE SUCH A BLESSING...
I became a grandma five weeks ago... to a little girl...

I hope everyone is well and happy...

Love Penny

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Wonderful news :)

I can almost taste your excitement.:) Its oozing from your post! Congratulations to you and Megan and Welcome baby Dawson!

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
11,410 Posts
Congrats Grandma & Megan! :cheer2:
Welcome to the world Dawson!:micbounce::excited:

You are right being a Grandma is wonderful.:)
:congrats:

Lyn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts