The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently come back from my first sun holiday since being diagnosed in Jan 08. I was fine while I was away but since coming home I am exhausted, is this likely to be a reaction to the sun as I haven't come out in any rashes or anything else although I did stay on a SPF 30 the whole time. I noticed that my skin burns easier than it used to though, I hate this illness I feel like it is taking over my life sometimes.:(

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi julie

I'm sorry to hear you have felt bad since your holiday, the sun probably has caused your fatigue as it's something us lupies have to avoid. it's our enemy :wink2:
everyone has different levels of sun tolerance, I personally can't go in at all..I cover up completely, a big hat etc and always use factor 50 sun block.

the sun does trigger lupus so I would get plenty of rest now and if you feel any worse see your dr/rheumy. your fatigue could be the start of a flare up so you need to keep an eye on that. this disease is very frustrating and I understand your feelings as it does seem to take over your life..I feel I spoil a lot for my family it's very upsetting..but it's just not worth suffering after for that bit of sun.it will get easier eventually julie, it's more difficult at the beginning.

I hope you feel better soon, big hugs to you
love karen x

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Julie,

After any trip I tend to flare a bit. I think being on a different schedule, the travel to and from, being more active and various other things throw my system out of whack. Getting extra rest usually helps me get back on track. Hopefully that will work for you also.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I find that having a holiday or doing anything, we seem to get pay back time, well i do, sure others do too???

life isnt fair, hope you feel better soon xxxxx

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I find that on a trip I tend to keep a higher energy level and when I get back home, I crash from exhaustion. It doesn't matter much how long I am gone, just that I am gone.
Give yourself time to recover and heal. I try to cross off at least 2 or 3 days where I do NOTHING.
Sally

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's Taken Me Sooo Long To Relaize How The Sun Affects Me...i Love The Sun..i Thought I Was Invinsible Because I Am A Woman Of Color..however I Can't Take The Sun Like I Use To. The Glare Blinds Me And My Skin Feels Like Hot Needles Are Piercing Me..then Comes The Tireness...my Face Puffs Close Around My Upper Nose And I Am Getting White Spots On My Skin-micheal Jackson!-right Now My Only Real Support Is My Sister Susie...sweet Sister Susie...and Now This Chat Room...thanks So Much For Sharing!! Try Yoga Fire Breathing It Really Helps To Energize You..hope You Are Feeling Better Soon.
Peace
Mijiza

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.