The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a weird allergic reaction to this? The home health nurse came to give me this.. I had a cold arm...freezing cold like death... a tight chest and a numb left side of my face...

Anyway have an allergic reaction weird like this? Ended up calling the squad in the ER

Marti

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
definitely call and ask about this - I have not heard of allergic reactions to solumedrol - infact it is used to counter allergic reactions in many instances, but i guess it is possible to be allergic to anything.

I have had a cold arm after an infusion, but this was because it was given in my arm which had decreased blood flow at the time due to a blocked artery. I felt the cold in my arm and right into my chest - but in that case it was cytoxan which had been kept in the fridge overnight, so it was very very cold when it was infused into me. When given in my good arm it just feels cold for a little way.

Definitely call and find out about this right away

keep us posted about how you get on

raglet

·
The vortex of insanity!
154 Posts
It has evil side effects but as its steroids it is supposed to squash an immune response, not cause it - so I agree you should talk to le doctor about that, that strikes me as something not to be messing around with. I used to get really cold after, but that might be the flush at the end if they do that to you as well, and the fact that the meds are jsut a little colder than you are. But the rest of it i've never heard of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts