The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share some good news with you :)

Over the bank holiday weekend I had some friends over from up North (well, the Midlands - but for us Londoners that's up north!!).

They were adamant on a day trip to see the sights and sounds of London. I was a little worried as the sun was out in full force :( On the first day I slapped on the sunblock (more about this in another thread), wore long sleeves and put on a cap and off we went.

Having spent the best part of the day out I was rather worried that I'd be done and dusted for the following day - when they wanted to go to the park for fun and games :eek:

Shockingly I was fine the next day. And as it was rather hot I really could not go in long sleeves. So I put on a t-shirt and again slapped on the sunblock and cap again.

And this was the best part. After a round of crazy golf and a short sit down in some shade I actually managed to play a bit of tennis too :):):)

Now I was sure that I'd hurt the next day. But nope. Almost a week and I'm still OK. Slightly red cheeks but other than that not much else.

I'm guessing this is mostly to do with me still being on 7.5mg of pred. But am also hoping with all my heart that the lupus is beginning to wane a touch. I don't want to get too hopeful just yet but am a lot happier right now.

I hope all of you also have some good fortune :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts