The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :)

I've been quiet recently - yep, at a loss for words :lol: It does happen - truly!!

We've had some good news recently. We have been looking for a new house for a while now. We weren't too rushed and needed to find the right house and we were very worried about the money aspect - Houses big enough for the 6 of us plus hubby's business don't come that cheap!

Anyway, we have just had the go ahead from the bank and we should be moving in about four months from now. I think we're very lucky to be able to buy at such a time but economic gloom does at least help buyers out a bit :rotfl:

Some of my other news - I have been seriously getting down to studying photography more. I'm not much good at photography software but have enrolled in a class for photoshop and am playing around with lightroom (which I love) too. I've been taking more photos and even if a lot are dog portraits (lots of willing guinea pig models at the local dog club) I'm getting very good results.

And, finally, the thing I wondered if I'd ever do... the thing I have been dreaming of since I was about 10 (yep that long). I am finally daring share some of my writing. I have written a couple of poems and actually put them up on a writers' forum. it's a busy and serious forum and I'm astounded by the feedback I have got so I'm "well chuffed" altogether :rotfl: I had never had the time to do this before so I'm quite amazed really that maybe it's not just a dream...

Hope this all finds you well :grouphug2:

Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
What truly wonderful bundle of news Katharine. I am thrilled for you.
Does this mean you have luck to spare ? ;)
Many hugs
Clare

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm so pleased for all your good news Katherine. I know how helpful I found your responses to me when I first discovered the Site. And yes I had noticed you had been a little quiet lately so I'm even more pleased that its because good things are happening to you because I know you deserve it. I'm especially impressed with your success as a poet. Keep up the good work.

Trindy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Clare :) Plenty of luck to spare and share with everyone!!!

thanks Trindy :)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Is this the house you showed me that I fell in love with?

If so I am thrilled for you and since you have luck to spare send some my way please.

Get out and celebrate this great day.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Katharine! This is just so much wonderful news, I am so happy for you!

I would appreciate if you could send me the writers forum addy, my husband is a fabulous writer, who doesn't know if his work would be well recieved, so I would love for him to be able to post some where seriuos writes could help him.

I am so very happy for you on the house, photography and writing!

Love Stephanie

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Congratulations all the way around and THANKS for posting the good news. It brightens my day too - I'm very happy for you! Hopefully you can post a picture of your house on move-in day!

·
11,410 Posts
Thank you for the happy post, Katharine.:) I am so happy for you and your family.

Way to go on the writing too.:cheer2:

We have the love of photography here at our house too. I carry my camera everywhere I go.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
203 Posts
congratulations katharine

im smiling as i read your post see you even make people happy when your happy,to get the chance to get a new house yippppppppeeeeeeeee :) photography well ive seen your drawing so if you are has good as drawing watch out lewis kemper move over for our katharine :), poetry yes you go ive had some published and the feeling is great i remembered my 1st one thinking to myself someone out there is reading my poem once again congratulation and good luck
P.S will you still talk to us when you make your millons lol lol

take care
donna x

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Katharine,

Your post made me smile :) it's so good to hear some good news happening for you :yes: :foryou:

love
Lily

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah ta vie est belle...i echo the others!!! You deserve all the good things coming your way! Hip hip hooray!!!!:hehe:

Love Rachel

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
:yahoo::dancing::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

That is brilliant news Katherine. I hope the house move goes smoothly. How lovely to be able to be so creative, writing and photography, fantastic!

Deb x

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Katherine,

Glad to hear things are going so well for you. The photography sounds like so much fun.
I have just started a creative writing course with the open university. I have never posted any of my stories before and I still feel really nervous when I have to post work to the forum. I think at first it felt a bit like standing naked in front of a room full of strangers :lol:. But I am really enjoying it.
I hope things continue to go well for you, I would love to see some of your photos.

Take care
Elle x

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Katherine, they are lovely. The dogs are gorgeous. Is that beach local, it looks stunning. You have a real talent, you have captured some beautiful images.

Deb x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The beach is not local. It is the Ile de Ré in France, about 900km from here and we were literally there for a week-end to deliver some material for hubby's work. Beautiful place, hardly any cars, no advertising... peaceful. We'll be going back soon for a real holiday :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
I love the family ones, they are so natural. You have a very beautiful family.
The chair in the lake has to be one of my favorites, I love quirky things like that.
You certainly do have a talent there!!

hugs
Elle x

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Katherine,

Wonderful hearing you have been enjoying yourself with your hobbies and other interests.

I enjoyed your photography very much. Thank you for sharing with us!

I hope your move goes well and that you enjoy your larger home..

Love,
Sandy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.