TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I just had a few thoughts and really don't want to call the doctor for this but will probably in the end :hehe:

When I go on the cruise (eastern carribean) we go on four islands, did anyone ever have to decrease your Immuran or immune suppres? That may be a ridiculous question. I was just wondering if you would catch more things or be exposed to more? (sorry if this is out there :hehe: )

The other thing is I am still getting those ridiculous fevers and really want to kick it. I just re-started an anti inflam. med that I had to see if that will do it, but did anyone ever take a short dose of their prednisone without calling the doctor? I have them with refills, but I never discussed that with the doctor. I know that it will kick back the fevers. I thought I heard of others just taking it short term when they flared.

Hope all is well with all of you.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
First off...I don't think taking prendisone without calling the Dr is a great idea..."if your friends jumped off..." mother mentality at work.

A phone call is relatively easy, just ask!

As for the imuran, I'm not sure what's out there on the islands but I do know you have to be very careful on a cruise ship...

I might ask my Dr what he suggests and ask for an Anti-biotic to take with you just in case!

Sorry...I think a call to the Dr is in order!

Stephanie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi,

I'd have to agree with Stephanie, I wouldn't do anything like that without asking the doc first.

I would think that reducing immunosuppressants would be a bad idea in general as it could provoke a flare which could be far worse than catching something but I do think that having a broad spectrum antibiotic with you just in case would be sensible.

Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Reducing the Imuran probably isn't the best idea, especially if you are thinking about going on prednisone which would also lower your immunity (depending on dose). I have not ever taken prednisone without first consulting with my doctor about it...

I hope you enjoy the trip you have planned!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts