The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before a meeting yesterday a woman took one look at me and said,
"Oh. You have colour in your cheeks. I'm so sorry. You must be feeling terrible."
I was grateful that she understood *and* that she did not say, "Your face is not the colour of the belly of a dead fish, therefore...":)
Douglas+

·
4,446 Posts
Hiya Douglas... the belly of a dead fish is my cheek colour!! Off to the sun soon but with factor 50 and lurking in the shade, under hats, glasses and long sleeves I will still emerge that colour... ah well: good you had somebody who recognises we are not as we seem...:lol:
Claire X

·
11,410 Posts
Your face is not the colour of the belly of a dead fish, therefore..."
Oh Douglas you do have a way with the words.:rotfl:

One person who knows and understand, now tackle the million who don't.:sigh:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
LMAO.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

When I see your name I just have to open and read.

YOUR A TRIP WITHOUT LUGGAGE!!!

I adore your sense of humor Douglas.;)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Ah someone who thinks before they open their mouth :thumbs: These people are few and far between ;)

love
Lily

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
It is so nice when people do understand and also when they think before talking. I've met a few, sometimes people I really don't expect it from and a good few examples of the "kindness of strangers".

As for the dead fish - yep, I usually look like that. Mind you, so does hubby and he's fine :lol: I've got around it with the lightly tinted "summer glow" type moisturiser (it doesn't make me glow or even look remotely tanned, just less "the waking dead") and yep, hubby uses that too when it gets too bad (men's version of course) as he really does look very ill and scary!

Katharine

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
you are so funny the way you tell them, but nice to see someone thinking first, that don't happen much hey,, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
893 Posts
Douglas

I'm going to take a look at the belly of a dead fish in the hope that I find some flicker of rainbowness and will report back with any rounding news.

:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
:rotfl:Hi Douglas you did it again you have cheered me up you have such a great perspective.

Please take care of yourself.:rotfl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.