The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I've been doing my bit, living with the Lupus, listening when it needs rest, taking more meds when necessary, blah blah blah....It kinda fits in with how my life is these days - I work, I go to college, etc so I think I've kept my end of the bargain up....

So why is it that this damn thing just won't let things lie? I've had my diagnosis for almost 7 years and usually I just get on with things but I have to say right now I am so hacked off with being 'ill'!!!!!!

About 18 months ago I started getting breathing problems. Then about 8 months later my knees dislocated snapping my patella tendons and my right index finger tendon snapping. It was all okay, I could deal with this, I got myself sorted and got back to college & back to the gym. I then got told the breathing problem was Shrinking Lung Syndrome. That's ok, I thought, I'll just exercise to improve the situation.

Yeah, right - not that simple! I've now had to appointments with the lovely Dr D'Cruz at St Thomas' but he is concerned as it would appear tha tthe blood tests for sticky blood (which we already knew I had) are far worse than first thought and he thinks this is why my breathing hasn't improved.

So I've had umpteen lung function tests, chest x-rays, etc and to be honest I'm just so fed up with hospital appointments & being prodded & poked. I've also been told I have the start of cattaracts and have been for a bone density test for oesteoporosis!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I've really had enough and just want to scream!

Sorry to offload on you guys, I know you have enough problems of your own & I usually try to to stay positive but right now, I just feel sorry for myself. :(

I also have a pig of a head cold - hey maybe that's the problem????.......

AmandaB

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Amanda,
I think we all feel like this sometimes don't we? Just want the wolf to take some time off:(

You,ve had a shedload dumped on you but you always seem really upbeat in your posts so hang in there.
Good luck with all your tests.
I prescribe hot lemon and ginger with a big spoonful of honey for the cold and a big bag of Thornton's chocolate covered toffee for the **** of it:wink2:

Big Hug

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Amanda,
Hello! Glad to hear from you but sorry you have had enough.
Dr. D'cruz is indeed a lovely man, but you do need the understanding of other Lupus patients, so HERE WE ARE!

Sorry about the cold too, if you are laready feeling breathless a cold as well must be quite frightening. I had a lot of chest infections this winter and really hated them. It was our Siver Wedding in November but I was ill right from OCt. until end of January so have not celebrated yet.
x Lola

·
Registered
35 Posts
Amanda letting your frustration out is healthy!!!
You have to be able to get angry at it sometimes as it gives you the strength to keep on fighting it! :mad:

We all hear you and sounds like you should be very proud of yourself in what you are achieving. This is just another hurdle in life but sounds like you have what it takes to get over this :)

Thinking of you

Shell ((((:)) )))))))

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And breath out.............

Thanks guys - sorry about the whinge, I think I've got it out of my system now and have bounced back to my former cheerful self!!!

As you all know, sometimes it just gets a bit too much! I'm off to see an old school friend next week who new me pre-Lupus that I've not had any contact with since being ill so it'll be nice to chat to someone as 'Amanda' again if you know what I mean. She was my old drinking buddy & we used to watch Ice Hockey & go skating together, y'know, the 'normal' stuff! ;)

Thanks for listening.

Amanda x

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Amanda,:hugbetter:
You sure have been through alot. I think you are in great hands with Dr. Cruz from what I hear. Hang in there and keep your great attitude(it is inspiring) I know what you mean about used to be able to drink-it always felt great to have a margarita or two:lol: I sure do miss that-darn this lupus stuff. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Becca:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts