The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think I'll give this a try...

My lower right ribs ("floating" ribs) have been hurting on-and-off, maybe for the past month or so. I know the pain is around the ribs themselves, not somewhere underneath like the stomach. Anyway, basically I'm wondering whether you can get arthritis in your rib joints? The pain has been fairly bad the past couple of days. I've felt it most while lying down to take those inevitable naps in the afternoon. I have to lay on my right side to get comfortable. I don't remember injuring myself in any way. If it continues at this level of pain, I'll have to check with my doc and hope for the best...

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Sara,
I am wondering if it could be Costochonditis. If you do a Search on the site you should find information. I am sorry you are still waiting for a dx and Yes, I know all about afternoon naps!
x Lola

·
Registered
498 Posts
((( Sara ))) I agree with Lola, it sounds like Costochonditis. I get the exact pain in the exact location you described. Maybe try putting a heating pad on it and be sure to tell your doctor. Hang in there

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have rib pain too

Sara,

Sorry to here about your rib pain, I have been getting it for a few weeks now and it hurts. I just thought it was associated with getting fatter by the minute and the ribs where having growing pains. I guess it was me dening another symptom associated with lupus. All I know is it is not a pleasant symptom and it really does hurt. Let me know if you find out what it is and how to get rid of it. I am getting tired telling doctors I have pain. No one seems to really listen.

Stacie

·
Registered
432 Posts
heya, i get these pains too and they are caused by costochodritis. it usually hurts where my ribs join my brest bone but it sometimes hurts in the lower ribs too and at the back aswell. my doc just says take some nsaids and it'll be ok xxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi

I also have painful ribs and thought it was just due to putting on weight from the steroids. I think I will mention this to my rheumy when I see her next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts