TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question...

I've woken up this morning with really sore feet - achy toe joints which is fairly normal but on one foot particularly a really really sore sole - it looks normal but really hurts when I put weight on it. Which is a right pain in the (foot :)) when trying to run (read: hobble even slower than usual) after my energetic 3 and 4 year old! Argh!

Anyone had this? Is it lupus related do you think (have been flaring a lot recently and have recently become photosensitive so all sorts of new stuff happening) Will it go away soon please?

x Hatty

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Hatty :)

I'm afraid I have no idea as to the origin of your pain nor as to whether it will go quickly or not - the latter does rather depend on the former...

It could be just one of those things that will go as quickly as it came but then again it could have many other sources.

I fully sympathise as I've had a lot of foot pain in both feet and I know just how handicapping it can be :hug:

Katharine

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Hatty i went to the hospital last year and got moulds for mine as they were so sore never found out what it was not to bad now Elisabeth

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I've definitely suffered from that, and have to wear comfy slippers in my house on hard floors or else it's too painful to walk on. For me, the whole bottom of my foot will hurt kinda like I've been standing on them for 2 days without a break. But it starts off first thing in the morning... ;)

It does get better as a flare eases - for me at least. Hopefully for you too!

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hatty,
I get this every once in awhile. I have found that I get cramps in the bottom of my feet and that the sole is very very sore the next day. This may not be what is happening with you but found that it finally hurt enough to wake me up one night and the next morning it hurt like I pulled a muscle in the bottom of my feet. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Hatty,
I have this constantly. Walking in anything which does not have a a supportive/cushioned sole is not going to happen. This was a later arriving symptom. I find that Easy Spirit and some Nike's give the best support. For dress shoes I like the Franco Sarto's best.

We don't know why, but I have known other sle people who have had this as well. I've thought it was just a side line of the peripheral neuropathy I have in my legs. Since I have large parts on my feet that are numb, it is just a hangers-on.
Sally

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies. I at least appear not to be the only one with this weird thing!
Here's hoping we all feel better soon

xHatty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts