The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get these sores on the corners of there lips, I have been getting them for a while and they don't seem to go away. I have been lucky not to have any in my mouth to speak of just an occasional tiny sore spot on my gum or on the side of my tongue that goes away in a few days.
Thanks
Stacie

·
Registered
149 Posts
I used to always have cracks and sores in the corner of my mouth, and have now realised that since I got diagnosed with coeliac disease and went on a totally gluten free diet, I have just not had them at all. Coeliac is another autoimmune disorder, so I guess the sores could be to do with lupus, but then again coeliac is a really common thing that is totally underdiagnosed - incidence of 1 in 100 people, but less than one in eight of these gets diagnosed. If you have other coeliac symptoms (wheat intolerance) or symptoms that might related to untreated coeliac disease (dairy intolerance, persistently low iron, B12, folate levels) then it would be worth getting the blood screening tests for coeliac done.

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Lip Sores

Hi Stacie i also get sore lips but i have found that vasaline lip balm works well hope you get some relief soon best of luck Elisabeth

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi....i also get those...they last an age....:(......you think they are going ...then open your mouth and realise it isnt......:eek:..........so sore also...gp first said it was lack of iron....hmmmm...yer i dont think so.....:rolleyes:.........jane

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Stacie, Yes, I have them also, and they hurt like the devil,cause mine openup to fresh skin.Get your GP to give you a referral to see a
Dermatologist, and he will be able to give you come cream that will heal them. After all, for a Dermy, skin is his speciality.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yes stacie, i get those and have had for years.

They seem to come on and off for months then I dont get them for months!!

Dont know what its all about but i am always wondering what they are. Its like most of our symptoms, they mean something but we dont know what :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
When I get those I just take some vitamin B pills for a week and they clear up really fast. My daughter gets them too, so I just give her vit B. She doesn't have lupus.

Mouth problems are common when vit b levels slip a bit

hth

raglet

·
Registered
71 Posts
yes me too/ i use vit e capules. open 1 and put it on the sore. b vits work too. i also got this form my denist. it is cheap and works fast. it is calle nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream. i judt told my dr about it and he wrote me a script.soi hope this helps sue:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts