The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im not sure of where to start really.I as some would know that i have had a lot of stress in my life with my heatlh and loosing a lot of family member.Well i am still having a lot of trouble with my thyroid and my hands are in more and more pain each and every day and they are swolllen most of the time especially at night :sad:.Then to top it off the summer weather is here before it is summer lol if that makes sense to you lol.It is like 88 degrees today and like 77% humidty :(It is making me hurt all over from the fibro.
Then to top it off my sister found out last friday that she has breast cancer:sad:.The outcome is sounding good for her but she is my baby sister and been very close to her since i was little and she lives quite aways away from me:sad:which makes it tuff to go see her but i am going to try it next tuesday with another sister of mine that is just couple years older then me.I am slightly nervous about the trip to there but more so hate to see her have to go through so much :sad:.
If you could have some happy thoughts for my sister next tuesday that the doctors can get all the cancer out of her and that she heals up quickly.
Sorry this was so long but really needed to vent.Thank you for letting me do that.

Tammy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Tammy,

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time and that your sister is going through breast cancer. I hope all goes well and she gets into a remission state.

Lori:(

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Tammy,

Lots of happy thoughts as requested.

Most important you and your sister get to do a visit. Thatwill help you all, I amsure. Sorry about typing. Please bare with me.

Last year my friend had a hen's egg sized breast cancer removed and had radio therapy and chemotherapy. Although the third bout of chemo made her poorly, she came through everything and is back at work now. She has put her weight back on and her hair has grown back, and she says she is feeling great. No sign of any cancer.

When her hair came back it was as lovely as before, except more curly so she struggles to tame it every morning now.

When you hear a loved one is experiencing something like this you can begin to grieve. On top of the losses and health issues you have to endure it is a lot to cope with.

Please really try to focus on the many people who have come through breast cancer, and try to take care of your own health. Lots of sleep or at least rest when ever you are feeling tired / achy / stressed.

Particularly make sure you are welll rested, as far as you can, for a couple of days before your journey and make sure you take all the pain medication you can / need.

Thinking of you. Sending lots of iron thoughts to gird your strength.

With my love.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Dearest Tammy,

My heart goes out to you, with what you have, had to endure lately. Hearing, your baby sister has breast cancer, has to be especially hard to cope with.

Alwin, gave you excellent advice, on taking good care of yourself, at this particular time.

Do focus, on those that have had breast cancer, and survived it.

It is wonderful, that your planning a special trip with your other sister, to visit her. I know, you will all, have a beautiful visit with one another.

Yes, please do..take all the extra precautions to get ready for your trip.
Extra meds, rubs, a heating pad, or cool packs, and a good bath soak.

I don't know how far your having to travel, but be it near or far, I hope you have a very safe trip..and that it is cooler, and the humidity is less, where your going, Tammy.

Take Care,
Love,
Sandy:hug:

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Tammy,

I am sending you:hug:. I know how much you need them right now... I will pray for your sister and you and your family.. I know how upsetting this is for you... And you know I am here for you if you need me...
You have allways been such a good friend...
I hope they can find out why you are having such problems with the swelling and hope they can give you something to help... I am sure that the amount of stress you have been under is not helping matters health wise... It is awful how bad stress can affect us... And how do we stray stress free... I dont know ... Any way I am sending you love and hugs... my thoughts and prayers will be with you ...

Love Penny

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
(((((( Tammy )))))))) I will hold you and your sister close to my heart during this tough time. I understand -- My younger sister and I have always been really close. She lives far away now and I haven't seen her in two years. So very hard. If she was to fall ill it would be just too hard.

Do visit and enjoy each other every second. And take care of you. She will heal faster and better knowing that you are as well as can be. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all this difficulty. Sometimes life seems so unfair. I will be sending prayers and healing thoughts and strength to you both.

Love,
Sunny
(keep us posted)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Tammy,

I'm not surprised you're feeling overwhelmed. You have had rather a lot to deal with lately and when it's like that it just never seems to let up does it.

I will send tons of positive thoughts winging their way to you and your sister and really hope you can get to see her. As Alwin said, it will do you a lot of good to see her in person and help you to fret less at a distance.

Take care now,
:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Tammy,:hugbetter:
You have gone threouh too much and it is acceptable to be sad and overwhelmed. I hope you do well on your trip to see your sister which will be encouragement to the both of you.

I think you need to get back into the dr. How long have you been dealing with this thyroid issue now? What mg or mcg are you on?

The weather I think is so hard on our bodies and there isn't a great answer for that, but stay as cool as you can:wink2:

We are here for you!!!

Love,
Becca

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
sending lots of happy healing thoughts to your sister, and also to you.

You are such a good sister to want to go and see her, she is lucky to have someone who obviously loves her as much as you do

all the best to you both

raglet

·
Registered
642 Posts
(((((((((Tammy)))))))))
I'm so sorry for all you are going through.

Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts.
Hope the journey is not too taxing for you. I'm sure it will help to be able to talk things over with your sister in person.

Stay positive........easier said I know.:posy:

·
Registered
580 Posts
hi mcfamily, i just wanted to show you my support. and hope that things get better for you soon. im very sorry to here about your sister.

i wish you and your sister lots of luck and hope that she makes a complete recovery. :)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
((((((((((Tammy))))))))))) :hugbetter:

Hugs to you Tammy, things have not been going so well for you lately :( I hope with all my heart that you have a good visit with your sister and that everything will be ok for her. Do take care of you too, I will keep you in my thoughts :rose:

love
Lily

·
Registered
869 Posts
Tammy,
I will be thinking of you and your sister:hug:. I hope your visit goes well and bothe of you are cheered up by each others company:)

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Tammy just as the others say i will send my BEST WISHES to your sister and you it is bad enough when we are sick. But it is just as bad when it is someone in our family Hope She Feels Better Soon :rose::rose:One for you and one for your sister Elisabeth

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You and your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers. Bring some pillows on your long trip & feel free to lay down to rest when you need to. That's the best way for me to travel distances, and thankfully my hubby loves to do all the driving!

All the best to you - please let us know how things go.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Tammy

Im very sorry to hear about this news. You must all be so worried. It sounds like the prognosis is good so far so that is important to hold onto. I hope you manage the trip okay.

Lots of love Tammy to you and your little sister
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
(((((((Tammy))))))

I am also very sorry to hear your news..I am sending you & your dear sister lot's of healing,positive thoughts and hug's :grhug:

please keep us updated..I will keep you both in my prayers
love to you all..karen x

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ohh Tammy! So sorry to hear the news

Hi Tammy! I am new here and don't know you that well just yet but hope and pray things go well with your visit with your sister and I will keep her in my thoughts and pray things turn out well. Hope they get all the cancer removed. Nice meeting you but hate it had to be this way! :sad:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts