The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am sorry I have not been around much. At the end of June I heard that my Father was missing at sea.(Although 80 he was a keen Sailor). Those in the UK may have heard it on the News. The boat was the Midnight Oil and it was found without him off St. Ives. We were told not to expect a body but it did turn up two weeks later. We had the Funeral last week and the whole family have been ill with a virus since.
It has been a bit of a nightmare as my Father was a bit eccentric and very secretive.

I will be back with you all soon. Special love to Clairebear!
x Lola

·
Registered
553 Posts
(((((Lola)))))

I am sorry to hear your news. You and your family shall be in my thoughts I hope that you all recover from the virus soon.

Love and Hugs

Claire

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Lola,

My deepest sympathy and well wishes to you and your family. It must be a difficult time for you. I guess the only comfort is that he died doing what he loved, and quickly (((((((((((Lola))))))))))

And darn that stupid virus:mad::mad:

Take care and rest up.

X C X

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Dear Lola, my sincere condolences. It must be an awful time. First of all 2 weeks not really knowing...

I hadn't heard about it but it's very "close to home" in some ways as my Dad is also a bit of an eccentric and was a very keen sailor (that's how we ended up living on a boat for five years despite Mum hating every minute of it). As a child I kind of always imagined that he would one day just go off and continue sailing without us and that one day we would hear that he had been lost at sea.

hugs to you and many healing thoughts,
:grouphug2:

Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I missed you - and sorry to hear what kept you away. Sending you my heartfelt condolences (((Lola)))

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss lola. Sending you and your family my deepest sympathy.

I hope that you can too shake that nasty virus.

Big Hugs
Mrs M x

·
Inky
249 Posts
Dear Lola

Sending my sincere sympathy to you and your family.

Coping with such a loss, plus the stress of the virus must be taking it all out of you. I hope you all get better soon.

Sara

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Lola

My deepest sympathies to you and your family at this very sad time.

Love
Joan

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Lola,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I am glad though that they found his body to allow you to have closure. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and am sending you positive vibes.

Hope you are feeling better from the virus soon.

Nutty

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
((((((Lola))))))

My deepest condolences. I did see this on the news and can't imagine what you and your family have gone through.

Love, :rose:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all very much. Pam, Yes the boat started out from Scotland,he had just bought that particular one.

Getting the boat back down here will be a headache as it is still in Cornwall, but the Police there have been wonderful. So helpful.
x Lola

·
Registered
931 Posts
(((((((((((Lola))))))))))))

I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad passing away.... My sincere condolences for you and your family...

Sending loads of hugs your way and hope you feel better from that virus soon...

:grouphug2:

Zoi

·
Marika
349 Posts
I feel so sory for you and your family, just a 'normal' death that takes place in hospital can be a headache with all the forms ect. you must be going thru a nightmare....
pse take care of yourself and take time for yourself too
( i just lost my mum and dad within 9 months of each other, so believe me i can imagine a little bit what yr going thru...so take time out)
Love marika

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss Lola. Wow, I am at a loss for words. Just know that I am keeping your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((((((Lola)))))))))))))) I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss :grhug: :hugbetter:

We miss you and will look forward to you coming back when you feel you are able.

love
Lily

·
11,410 Posts
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father. You have my deepest sympathy. (((((((Lola))))))

Take care of yourself.

Lyn

·
=)
31 Posts
((((lola)))) sorry to hear about your dad!! :( sorry ive not been on recently...i dont come on that much anymore!!

hope everythings going ok and you're feeling abit better, i know it will be hard!!

take care!!

love claire

xxxxxx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts