The Lupus Forum banner

SSDI Approved

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  keebler 
#1 ·
:yahoo: Ladies (and gents), I am here to tell you who you pick for your attorney to represent you for your SSDI appeal matters - ALOT!

I filed for SSDI online back in 2007. They sent me to a few doctors, ordered a bunch of records, and denied the claim - of course. It's what they do.

So I hired an attorney in Denver to represent me and file the appeal. I should have know there would be a problem when her initial demand missed several of my diagnosis, and had another clients health issues mixed in (she had anothers med records in my file - showed me having a heart attack. I know my memory isn't that good anymore, but seems to me I would remember that! :eek: )

She asked for some sort of pre-review, they asked for more records, then turned it down. We were left with waiting for a hearing date for the appeal, which in Denver was about 2 years out.

We moved to Philadelphia 12/08, and I researched SSDI attorneys on the web. I contacted a local firm to represent me. They worked something out with my previous attorney in Denver, and had the file transferred.

In less than 30 days, they presented my case again for a pre hearing review, and it was fully approved back to 8/17/04. :dancing: The difference between the two law firms were night and day.

If you are retaining an attorney to represent you in your appeal to social security, do alot of research. There is a BIG difference between certain firms. Try to pick a winner!

I know we somewhat keep a database of physicians on this site, but are we keeping track of attorneys who are familiar with lupus? Anyone who needs a refferral in the Philadelphia area, feel free to contact me.

What a relief!

See less See more
#3 ·
So pleased for you!

Sounds like a nice holiday could be in order with some of the back pay!

Hugs!

Lesley

#4 ·
Best we can figure, the back benefits should come in at around 37,000.00 USD. There will attorney fees and taxes that will be deducted from that, so we guess we are safe to say the net will be around 15,000.00 USD.

I have some credit cards that have a bulls eye on them now!:p

#6 ·
Excellent, excellent news Tracy! :highfive:

Thats a good idea about keeping a database of good attorneys who are versed in Lupus cases. Will you PM me the contact details for now?

Im sooooooo happy for you! :hehe:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

#8 ·
Tracy:

Congratulations! I know what a relief getting approved can be!

I have to agree with you! I filed in March of 2006...was denied initially, got a lawyer...although he really on had 2 SSDI cases, he used to be the State Prosecuter...He filed the appeal, we were denied (as expected) we asked for a hearing, 11 months later I got a pre-trial review and instant approval! I got payed back to October 2006 - and instant medicare!

If anyone need a lawyer referral in South Florida...PM me!

Stephanie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.