TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday (World Lupus Day) about 40 people went to Regents park london to take part in a 5k walk/run to raise money for St Thomas' Lupus Trust! We all dressed as butterflies and Louis Marriette (Fashion Designer/judge on Britains Next Top Model) came along to support us too. As he opened the race he brought attention to our cause on the loud speaker to the other 1000ish runners! So lots of publicity for Lupus!! Not sure what the total amount raised is but I personally raised £400!

Everyone did really well and even though most of us probably can't walk today (I certainly can't!) everyone finished and in good times!

Weather was superb and it was great to meet other Lupies and also to meet Angie from St Thomas'!

Go to my user profile to see some pics!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Way to go...............!

Congratulations for taking part and raising all that money!

Make sure you rest up now!

Did you manage to walk without crutches?

Love

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep I even jogged a little way! I think it was because of the atmosphere and stuff and friends encouraging me! But now I totally can't walk and didn't sleep last night my hips are just killing me!!! Stupid hips!!! glad ive got the crutches now!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Well done !!!!

It's funny how adrenaline will get us through a lot - just hope you won't pay too much for it now. Do watch out for yourself, especially as you really haven't been doing so good lately.

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well done Mooks - we're proud of you and the others who gave up their vital energy for the Cause! Thanks again.

Long hot bath now with lots and lots of soothing bath salts, perfumed candles and calming music, followed by fluffy warm towel and a good movie - you really deserve it!

Merle

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
What a brilliant effort Mooks. Congratulations to you and the others. Feel better soon I very much hope
Many Hugs
Clare

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Fantastic mooks well done to you a Big Pat On The Back .And all the rest of the people that took part.Now you deserve a rest.Best Wishes Elisabeth

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mooks a MASSIVE HUG :) And a big CONGRATULATIONS :)

Also well done to all the others who took part :)

I am certain you have given a lot of people on here the hope and drive they need X

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Well done Mooks, I'm not surprised you are pooped after that effort. Love the pics and the cute outfits :bigsmile:

love
Lily

·
11,405 Posts
Way to go Mooks.:woohoo:
Get plenty of rest and lots of TLC.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts