The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started experiencing a fast sudden stabbing chest pain that came on very fast and went away very fast.

today was the 2nd day i experienced this it only lasted for about not even 2 seconds. any ideas have you ever experience this. (the pain was in the middle of my chest).

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello sushi :)

No, I don't have any ideas but anything like that has to be checked out. It might be nothing (or something like a pulled muscle that suddenly traps, nerve pain...) but it could also be quite serious.
Sometimes we can get one-off pains that are pretty severe but when they come back like that they need checking.

Katharine

·
11,408 Posts
Hi Sushi,

That probably should be checked out.

What were you doing when the pain hit you both times? That might lead a clue what is going on.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi Keebler, i was walking when it happened

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I almost hate to say it... but for me any pain that lasts just a few seconds does not concern me. I know that chest pain should be taken seriously and investigated, but I have had times where the pain has only lasted a few seconds and while intense, I have to admit I've stopped calling the doctor for every little thing that comes up. I'm afraid of not being taken seriously when/if something big really comes up.

If it happens frequently or lasts longer, then I'd certainly be contacting a doctor if I was in your shoes though.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maia, you have put my mind at ease. thank you very much, i will definetly call my cardiologist if this keeps happening. knock on wood it hasnt happened yet today.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Sushi,

I have had the same pains as you describe. I am like Maia, in that now..knowing I have lupus, I wait until the pain is longer, before I call my dr.

I hope it doesn't happen to you again.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had pains like that but like the last two, I wait untill it lasts longer and happens more frequently. It never has for me so I wasn't worried. if you are, speak to your doc. they'll prob tell u its just lupus!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts