The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mom and i went for a walk today. we planned to walk to the store thats about 30 minutes away. i didnt get that far, all of a sudden i started feeling
a stabbing pain on the side of my left foot everytime i walked on it.

My question is has anybody ever experience this before? i dont know if its just stabbing pain or a pinched nerve. i only feel the pain when i walk on it.

thanks

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Hi Sushi, I have had this all week but it was after a neuro exam. I have a theory that it's a result of something moving (creating inflammation) in a way that it doesn't usually move , a joint being bent the wrong way or moves for too long, if it that makes sense.

A few yrs ago I couldn't walk at all and found only by increasing it in small incraments that the feet and legs didn't get the stabbing pain. Could it be inflammation do you think?

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Sushi,
I get those aches and pains all the time from my feet to my neck and everything in between. I know that is no help to you. Often times it has moved before I can even get to the doctor so if i called about my foot and when i got there it was my arm they would think I was crazy then. You should at least call your doctor's office and let them know in case it does not let up or go away and if it is something that really does need looked at the longer you wait the more damage that could be done. I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how it is going with you please.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I sympathise with you. I have had a pain in my foot for almost 6 months now. Went to the A&E and they strapped it up, said I must have pulled a ligament. Think its here for good though. Just another ache to put up with.

Love Mx

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Pollianna, and Tammy

im going to weigh it out for the weekend if its still there by monday ill call my gp.
what im feeling is a stabbing pain but have no idea if its a pinched nerve. is that what it feels like? anyway thanks again:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi silver star, im so sorry you had to put up with this for the past 6 months,

did the strapping help you at all. i hope it gets better for you.

i felt so bad for my mother i really wanted to go with her to have lunch.

if its not one thing its another. its so frustrating. thanks for you input :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hhhuuumm, i wonder if the itching that ive been having for the past 2 nights (lasts about 30 minutes)all over my body was a sign of a flare. and the foot
pain has something to do with it.

oh well i guess ill never know the answer to that.

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
sushi, rub some anti inflammatory cream where the pain is and see if it goes? or sit the foot in a pale of ice maybe?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok Pollianna ill try that thanks :):)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but i only feel the pain when i walk on that foot. other than that i dont feel the pain when im sitting or laying down.

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Hi, i think i may have had the same sort of thing, with me all i can say it actually felt like something had slipped outta place. I do think mine was due to imflammation! I simpathise as its very painful, i have also had plantar fascilitis which causes pain on bottom of heel and foot, and have on off tendon issues!

Good luck and keep us informed!

Nettyxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ooh - the bit about the 'it feels like something has slipped out of place' has me sitting up shouting "yes, me too!" I get it in my foot occasionally, and it's agony. I end up having to stand on one foot (the one that hurts) and I have to jiffle about till it kinda 'goes back in place' and it's as if there was nothing wrong! Looks darned odd when you're walking round the market I can tell you! I just tell people I have a stone in my shoe and it shuts them up!

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Hi , dollydaydream you had me laughing as thats what i do. Sushi i hope you have had some relief!

Take care
Nettyxx

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same thing happening with both of my feet and the back of my calves and to find out they diagnosed me with neuropathy in them and now it has been about 3 years since they said this and now the pain is not so bad but it feels like my feet are always asleep and its a strange feeling but I hope this is not the case for you. Hope you feel better soon. Laurie:wink2:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Sushi

This sort of sudden thing is so troubling. I got a breath taking pain in a knee recently just walking along normally and wondered how on earth I was going to get up the stairs to get back home. After a few very ginger agonising steps, it went as suddenly as it had come

It just might be plantar fasciitis so you could google it, although from the
descriptions I have read and my own experience it doesn't sound too like it.

By the way it's not a good idea to expose any body part directly to ice.

I hope you can get some relief and better still that it goes as quickly as it came

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you all for all the input and your experiences. im just glad that it happened not too far from my house. i dont know how i would have gotten back home.

the pain went up my lower leg it feels sore. i remembered that i walked on the treadmill for a couple of days so maybe i hurt myself on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts