The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my lovelies!

As some of you know I finally got funding for Rituximab. Well I have my first infusion on Thursday at 8.30am Argh early start! And I basically just thought I'd ask for anymore info you guys may have on side effects and most importantly am I going to be cool for work on friday? Thanks for your advice :love:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Michele,

I hope it all goes OK for you and especially that it works. Fingers crossed for Thursday AM :fingers:

Katharine

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Mooks
I will be going for part 2 of my Rituximab infusion on Thursday also,, so I will be thinking of you. I've had a lot of infusions and all have gone smoothly. The side effects are not to bad,, I will be working on Friday also,, The infusion is long, and you'll be tired when you get home, so get plenty of rest. I wish you well and fingers crossed that it works for you.
~Angela

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Mooks,

During the first hour of the first infusion I had chills, sore throat, and a slight fever. Tylenol took care of the symptoms quickly. The additional steroids kept me hyper for the rest of the day. The next day I was hit with the worst fatigue I have ever experienced. Work would have been out of the question.

Fortunately we all react differently. One person I know becomes a ball of energy. I hope that is the case for you also.

Good luck on Thursday.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hey Mooks,

I am sorry I can not give you advice but i am sending you well wishes and sure hope things go smoothly.

Please come back and let us know how you get along.

I will be thinking of you.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Just wanted to wish you good luck Michelle :luck:

love
Lily

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hiya,

Glad you got the funding. I'm halfway through my third round of the stuff at the moment - I get my next dose a week on thursday. For the first two rounds they gave me a small dose of cyclophosphamide too, and I got more severe side effects from that (nausea etc). This time I'm just getting the rituximab, because my white cell count dropped too low from the cyclo, and I seem to be more tired than before. I did make it to work the next day though - just didn't do much. Doesn't make sense as I'm getting less drugs, but never mind! Oh, and they give me a high dose of piriton to stop any allergic reaction - that can make you quite sleepy.

Take lots of magazines/books as it will be very dull otherwise, and good luck!

:hehe:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Good luck Mooks...will be thinking of you on Thursday!

·
Registered
279 Posts
hello Mooks

well done at long last. My Rheumey sometimes requests metholpred IV before the ritoximab also a antihistamine and painkillers before it starts

Takes about 6 hours so take a book or ya knitting lol. They moniter you constantly they can slow it down if u feel sick or stop it.

Once your body gets used to it they can speed it up again.

thinking of you hope all goes well I see my rheumy on wednesday and have ritox IV again next month

dixy

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey I DID IT!!!!!!!

I had a reaction to start with and they were going to give up but we stuck at it (even though i felt like i might die!) and after 8 hours I was all done!!! Really tired and achy now though but at least no more for two weeks! And at least we managed to do it!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx:love:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Michele,

I'm glad to hear it went OK(ish) and that it's over for a while. I bet you didn't get much sleep the night before :(

hugs to you and fingers still crosssed for good results in the future with it :fingers:

:hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there I had 2 courses of Ritux this yr. During the first I had an allergic reaction and had to stay in hospital having it in ci=onjunction with hydracortizone and steroids and stayed in for 4 days to be monitored. 2nd bout was ok and took 6 hours although I was v tired after. Each person is different though. Good luck for it xx

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Good luck with your next infusion. Make sure they know you had a reaction the first time so they start your infusion more slowly. During the studies they found most people had fewer reactions with subsequent infusions. Since my first I have never had a reaction again.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:thumbs: :) glad you got through it! Good luck for the next one :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
279 Posts
hello Michelle

well done one down one to go. So glad you managed to tolerate it next time wont b so bad. Hope the nurses there r nice makes a difference

Take care

dixy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.