TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got the DLA pack yesterday, today slowly getting it on post it notes ! putting down my stuff, then think when done and also read it to hubby (hes probably no idea what I mean, dont think anyone understands this dreaded disease even HIM) dont think hes at all wanting to, to be truthful.
Im gonna give that DIALUK thingy a ring, think then after ive done the groundwork, they can see if what ive noted is ok or help me, then I can properly fill the thing in !

Once, you sit quietly and have good few attempts on paper (before transfer it, it dont sound a bad form. But Im being truthful and honest, Ive nothing to hide, so dont see why I wont get it. Everything hangs on getting it !! Would then be in a better position to cut work down or look for another job if they wont have it at work !!

Unless ive got it wrong, it says if I get it MAYBE he could apply for carers but if that was acceptable some of DLA may be reduced (suppose that makes sense) maybe its more better financially for folk to just have the DLA and ignore applying for carers allowance - if ya see what I mean LOL.

Then theres my car today in for MOT. It failed and this afternoon they doing a suspension job total mot and job £145.00 OMG. Feel abit edgy and stressed out big time today. Im extremely sore and have a headache, dont usually get many headaches either. Sore everyday of my life but as the hours go on Im feely extremely sorer !! and when breathing in and out.

well ................... there u goes !

Hope you all as well and comfortable as you can be - "what a life eh" .

chat later.

love and hugs and take care Diane xx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Diane

With you on the DLA, sent my claim pack in 2 weeks ago, I had a CAB advisor help fill it it, proverbial minefield, I was exhausted at the end. Like you nothing to hide, and filled it in honestly and truthfully. I got turned down a year ago, pre-SLE diagnosis, found the whole thing so stressful I couldnt face appeal. But my consultants and GP said I should try again, I have their support. CAB advisor felt I had a good case, but sadly that means nothing, it is up to a decision maker. I have heard back today, they are asking my GP for further details, no mention of contacting the 2 consultants I named.

With you also on MOT for our car, tomorrow, dreading it, car is 6 years old now, low mileage etc, fingers crossed, sorry about your car, such a drain arent they.

Good luck with your DLA application, perhaps we could cheer each other along?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts