The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote that one about the pain being so excrutiating that I couldn't do anything! Anyways, I went to the mayo & saw a rheum. there & he said that I definately have a lot of inflamation from the lupus. My ESR was over 100. Not that that shows the amount of pain you are in, because I've been in lots of pain with that being low. Anyways, of course he started me on prednisone, a small dose, 15 for a week, 10 for a week, then 5. Also started me on methotrexate because he said that helps so much with the RA. I really didn't think I was going to make it to the appt, I was hurting so bad that it was just unbearable & constant. But I'm glad I did, I started everything yesterday. Still hurts, but I'm sure it will get better shortly. He did not want to give out any pain meds, to which I just said fine, but I sure hope this pred. kicks in soon!! They also gave me a new med for my mouth sores called protopic. They don't really bother me anymore, but they don't want me to have to have them.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I'm glad that went well and they took some action to help you. I don't know anything about methothrexate but hope it really helps you :)

Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm glad you made it there too. It sounds like you are being well cared for there, and that is always great news to hear.

Hope the methotrexate kicks in within a few weeks and the pred kicks in by tomorrow! I wouldn't be surprised if you need a higher dose of that pred though - I can't imagine a sed rate of 100! Yikes!
{Mine is usually 0-3. :hehe:}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts