TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Well, my family has all talked me out of going on the trip for the funeral out of state for our nephew. My swollen knees, the EKG abnormal everyone said there is no way I can take that chance and do the 12 hour ride, then have extremely stressful situation in addition to my already stressful situtation.

It took a whole 24 hours of their convincing. I am very hurt and upset that Lupus has once again prevented me from doing what my heart wanted me to do.

So they have all left, and I am home. They will be gone until Wed. night. I have written a poem for the service.

Lupus continues to rob me.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Paula, I am so sorry to hear about your Nephew and it is just awful that you have to miss such an important day because of this horrible disease. I really feel for you, I can't say anything to make it better but I just want you to know you are not alone and everyone here can totally sympathise and understand how it feels in these situations to be left at home alone when you really just want to be with those you love. xxxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
((((((((((((Paula)))))))))))) you trie, dont beat yourslf up hun, you are with him in spirit, he knows whay you meant to him bless.

hope someone comming in to see on you? take care it will feel long time till family come back wednesday

hugs Lin xx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Paula, There is no way I could have made it. You were a heroine for even considering it. The thought of the long travel was just frightening.
I am sorry you feel robbed. Lupus is a greedy illness.
I hope the next few days pass quickly for you.
x Lola

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Paula

Im really sorry to hear about your nephew and that you are unable to make the funeral. There are few words of comfort and you must feel very sad and lonely right now :hugbetter: I read your original post and couldnt even reply because I wanted to shout 'please dont go - that journey is just too much given all the things you are currently dealing with'.

I know for an absolute fact that I couldnt make that kind of journey in such a short space of time. You made the right decision even though it sucks.

Pop in and out here over the next few days if it helps to distract you.

Much love and sincere condolences on the tragic death of your nephew

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. It really means a lot to me.

I found myself awake almost all night, listening to the creeks in the wall, thinking someone was coming into my home.... I am just a chicken alone !:hehe:

But I just want my family back here. It is very hard being here when everyone is there. They are calling every so often to check on me. I miss my hubby terribly and can't wait for his return. I think I am going to wrap my arms around him and not let go.

I feel so alone.

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Paula,

The first night my husband is away I always hear the creeks too. Somehow I feel empowered though with my cane and flashlight by the bed.

Loneliness can be a problem when you are used to having people around. I usually get in touch with friends more when my husband is away. A lunch out or a short visit always helps lighten the spirit.

:hug:
Lazylegs

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
helloos;528208 said:
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. It really means a lot to me.

I found myself awake almost all night, listening to the creeks in the wall, thinking someone was coming into my home.... I am just a chicken alone !:hehe:

But I just want my family back here. It is very hard being here when everyone is there. They are calling every so often to check on me. I miss my hubby terribly and can't wait for his return. I think I am going to wrap my arms around him and not let go.

I feel so alone.
Oh bless you hun, i know i would be scared to always listen for nose's when on my own, as joan said keep popping in here someone will be on line

you take care sweetie hugs Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Dear Paula,

I am very sorry, to hear of your missing your nephew's service.

I know you must feel so badly.:( I hope you, can rest and relax while
your family is gone..Try, not to be hard on yourself, because you really
didn't have a choice..friend.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Paula,

I send you my sympathies for the loss of your nephew. It is such a tragic experience. I know I lost my brother when he was 23, his fiance 21 and her sister at 17. It's just not right. Your sister will very understanding of your reasons for not going, plus your family has gone in your honour. That is wonderful.

I know it makes you lonely; I would be too and I hate missing events because my health. I guess we just have to accept that as my husband says.

As for missing your husband, how about hugging his pillow. Or stay in your jammies and put on your husband's housecoat.

I wish I could offer some better advice to make this easier for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Annette

1 - 10 of 10 Posts