TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on a new learning curve :)

Im being shown how to download music using torrents (and I thought they were just heavy showers;)). So far I have downloaded a few of my ever so favourite songs from way back when. I'd forgotten how much music can lift the spirits :)

Right now I am blasting out Black Sabbath's Paranoid as Im typing this. Makes me feel 16 again :rotfl: Ahh the memory of those words at a time when we thought we knew everything.....

Now off to find Hawkwind and Led Zeppelin..... Happy Days. I definitely want an iPod for Christmas now!

:):):)

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's great Joan :)

I find being able to download is so much easier than having to go to a music store which would invlove standing and slow walking...not my favourite pastimes right now.

Of course, I'm sure you're doing it legally!?

Have fun,
Katharine

·
Marika
349 Posts
Joan,
I just love it when my cocky snotty nosed kids come in and ask me if I've ever heard of xyz......i always reply you weren't even atwinkle in my eye the first time i heard them...I used to live with girl who had the immigration song from Led Z. as wake up call on her radio 7am every morning......
those were the days....
marika

·
Marika
349 Posts
Just remembered I want 'Peaches in Regalia ? Frank Zappa played at my funeral....well it beats The Lord IS MY Shepard...
Marika

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Wow, I never would have thought of you and that song! Heavy Metal Girl! :)

It was about a year ago when I downloaded my first song from iTunes. In my experience.. they make it a little too easy! *laugh*

Enjoy your newfound musical freedom. I sure have... ;)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Joan,

I totally understand. This downloading thing is soooo confusing. My daughter has tried to show me so many times that she is ready to pull her hair out. So, I download what I want and then leave the rest to her. She is the pro not me. You just have to know when to back away...............and I do. hahaha

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ahhhhh - I've been doing something simular myself of late! Following the reunion of New Kids On The Block (hey, don't laugh) I have contacted all my old school friends and we're trying to arrange a reunion of our own. I've also dug out my 'Hanging Tough' tape and have it blaring in the car on my way too & from work - brings back great memories :lol:

Amanda

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hubby and I have recently got ipods and stand amazed as a weeks worth of music fits into a little rectangle:wow:

Through downloading (legally of course Katharine :rolleyes) I have rediscovered the Motown Spinners........lovely and mellow.
Not averse to a bit of the raucous stuff though or a spot of prog rock.....Yes or early Genesis.

I love technology though I don't understand it:hehe:

·
Marika
349 Posts
joan,

i also had a first this week with the computer...i bought my first article on e bay.....i love ethic needlework...and suuzanis come mainly from uzbekistan..so i got onto the internet..e bay ...logged myself onto pay pal ect...and bid for one and got it...it arrived yesterday...it is sooooooooooo beautiful...my new best friend in Tashkent was very kind and helped my a lot...internet ect. if used properly is fantastic..to think 4 or 5 yrs ago..i had never ssent an email..i still havven't down loaded my own stuff yet..but i will get around to it soon....
love marika

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well now I have The Best of Bread (Baby Im a want you.....;)), Close to the Edge by Yes and Im sitting here listening to Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin.....ahhhhh bliss.... :hehe:

Marika, I still have to do the ebay thing. Im sure I will love it when I get started (some day, some day...)

In the meantime......all sing along now...where's my lighter??

There's a lady whose sure all that glitters is gold and she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows if the stores are all closed, with a word she can get what she came for......ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh and she's buying the stairway to Heaven....

Love to all.... off to find Dido...

Joan:rose:

·
Registered
642 Posts
JOAN!..........FRIEND!:hehe:
Your musical tastes are as ecclectic as mine! We must be the same age:lol:

I remember weeping to the Bread song Diary when I was heartbroken at about 14:blush: And listening to Close to the edge when I read Wuthering Heights for the first time...very appropriate epic music.

Nice thread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts