The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....can anyone tell me what this test is for?....and why its being done?.....well among various others that is?!!........all went well at the lupus clinic yesterday...i saw the lady dr cuadrado....with her side kick?!!.....she was very helpfull......i explained everything...she examined me.....ordered various amounts of blood to be extracted from my arm...:eek:...:worried:..i have a lovely purple bruise....but she was very good!!....:)
The dr was more concerned about the rash on my face....over nose and cheeks...and on forehead.....i also explained abt various other rashes i have had and do get....dr wanted to know why i hadnt been referred to a dermytologist....i did say i had asked gp and he had said it wasnt nessecary....hmmmmm..............dr is going to write to tell him to do a referral...as thinks the rash and my other problems may link up together...i was very happy with the appointment and have another one booked for march 18th..08.....not sure if bloods come back crazy that they will contact me before?.....do they?.........jane

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Jane,

I'm sure that if anything is really wrong in your bloods you will get contacted before your appointment, don't worry.

It sounds like the doc in question was good and thorough. The sticky blood test (also known as aps or "Hughes" syndrome) is nearly always tested as many people who have lupus also have aps. It just means that the blood has a tendancy to clot a little too fast and it can lead to other problems such as headaches, seizures etc. Usually if it is treated with blood thinners it doesn't cause any problems.

I have aps as well as lupus and just take one junior (100mg) aspirin a day. The doses are usually between 75mg and 100mg depending on the country.

The test is just to be thorough - maybe you mentionned some symptoms which may point towards that too...

I'm really glad it went well for you,
Katharine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts