The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I might be near the finish line.

I went to see the Rheumy yesterday. I've been sick for years, but mainly in 1999 when I contracted Lyme, things went down hill. I was cured for the lyme but a few years afterwards, my joints started hurting, they treated me for lyme again.

Over the past 10 years I've had blood tests and my ANA had always been positive. But no one every went further, they chalked it up to lyme.

The Rheumy said to me yesterday, "I don't think this is lyme related, I think it could be lupus." So more blood was drawn.

She also noticed a rash on my nose, she asked about it, I said "I always get that when I spend time in the sun, it's been happening for years."
DING DING.

She asked me if the UTI I had in June (according to my labs then) was treated and gone? It was treated but not gone.

She asked about my joint pain, I told her it comes and goes at the oddest times. When I'm running around at work, it doesn't bother me, but on the weekends, when I lay out and relax (in the sun) it gets so much worse, to the point where I can't even walk.

DUH!

OK, I'm not educated on Lupus. LOL!

She said my ANA was at 1:640 and speckled (I do know what that means). And my platletts are low.

So with all of these lovely signs, she deduced that this is probably Lupus.

And just to throw some more light on this, my mother had 2 aunts that died in their 30s of "Kidney Problems". Of course she could not elaborate on exactly what was wrong with them, but I wonder.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm glad you've found a doctor that seems to be looking into all this a little more thoroughly and does seem to be on the right track. May you soon be on some very helpful treatment and feeling better sometime in the near-ish future!

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Busy,

Welcome to the site.

It is great that you found a rhuemy that wants to check into things.

This site is a great place to learn about lupus and caring members that are willing to help.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It is great that your rheumy is taking your symptoms seriously and listening to you. I hope you get some treatment soon so you can start to feel better.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I'm glad this doctor is taking it seriously, and I would have to say it may be she is a woman (sorry guys). Women doctors tend to listen and not think all women are hysterical or hypochondriacts. But then again, the blood doesn't lie. I'll let you know what happens next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.